• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Answered View Counter for Articles?

KensonPlays

AMS Premium
LD Premium
UBS Premium
I looked through the settings and could NOT find this feature. UBS has a views counter, is this possible to add to AMS articles? I don't think it'd be too hard to add, since its already a thing on UBS.

AMS has had view tracking since AMS 1.0.0 (15+ years ago).

AMS, CAS, EMS, IMS, LD, RMS, SC and UBS all have view tracking for the main content type and all were implemented in the initial release of the addon.

View Tracking is not something you enable/disable, it is always working.

You can disable the displaying of views on each individual layout type via AMS Style Properties, but that does NOT disable view tracking.

Keep in mind that views are not logged when the Author of the Article (and any Co-Authors or Contributors) view their articles. This is to prevent the content contributors from artificially inflating view counts. This applies to all of my addons. I don't allow Content Authors to artificially inflate view counts.

I used standardized code throughout all of my addons for view tracking, which is handled similar to view tracking for threads (with the exception of allowing artificially inflating view counts).

AMS has had view tracking since AMS 1.0.0 (15+ years ago).

AMS, CAS, EMS, IMS, LD, RMS, SC and UBS all have view tracking for the main content type and all were implemented in the initial release of the addon.

View Tracking is not something you enable/disable, it is always working.

You can disable the displaying of views on each individual layout type via AMS Style Properties, but that does NOT disable view tracking.

Keep in mind that views are not logged when the Author of the Article (and any Co-Authors or Contributors) view their articles. This is to prevent the content contributors from artificially inflating view counts. This applies to all of my addons. I don't allow Content Authors to artificially inflate view counts.

I used standardized code throughout all of my addons for view tracking, which is handled similar to view tracking for threads (with the exception of allowing artificially inflating view counts).
Ah, it wasn't showing in the index for AMS, like it does for UBS. I was like "uh, I'm not seeing any 'views' in the article index."

Back