• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Users are getting alerts even when they have disabled them

Arboristsite

Showcase
Why then, having disabled all alerts some time ago, does it show alerts for the new product review/s recently added?
I'm getting alerts for every new review, even though none of those reviews fit any of the configurable parameters shown in the alert preferences.
These are few messages I've received regarding this product review addon. Members have disabled all alerts but they are still getting them.

Any ideas?

Are they confusing the New/Unread Items Indicator (located on Content Navigation Tabs) with the Alert Count Indicator (located on the Alerts Link)? This is a common mistake that a very large number of people make. New Content Indicators are NOT "alerts" (they are not even remotely connected).

Selection_005.png

If that is the case, the New/Unread Items Indicator can be Globally Disabled via Showcase options. Users also have the ability to enabled/disable this as well in their Browsing Preferences settings (as shown below)
Selection_007.png

Alert Preferences are ONLY for ALERTS (they don't effect the New Items Indicators on Navigation Tabs for any addon).

Selection_006.png

NOTE: Alerts for NEW Showcase Items are ONLY sent out when WATCHING A CATEGORY.

Alert Preferences also do not effect Alerts set for WATCHED CATEGORIES. Each Watched Category has its OWN preferences (so that you can watch Category A, G, X and get alerts for them and watch category Z, J, K and not get alerts from them, but get emails instead.

As you can see in the below image, this category is set to send alerts when new items are created for it and any of its sub categories.

Selection_008.png

My guess is that they are either talking about the New Items indicator (which is not an alert) or they are watching Categories and having Alerts sent for those categories when new showcase items are created.

Back