• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Unread Articles indicator on Articles Tab not clearing when deleted unread articles?

tonmo

AMS Premium
I got an admin alert about a new article being posted that needed to be reviewed. I decided to reject / delete the submission, but the new article notification / badge is not clearing:

upload_2019-11-20_9-1-4.png

I've confirmed there are no unread articles or article comments. Thoughts on how to clear? I guess it's a caching issue? I've confirmed with a test user that it's not happening with everyone; believe it's just my account.

I should add, I confirmed this is happening on my account in separate browsers (chrome/firefox and incognito/private)

Last edited:
Its a known design issue (happens in XenForo Media Gallery as well and I use XFMG's implementation to standardize this). Its session based cache issue. What's happening, is that when the session starts, it captures any new/unread articles for the viewing user and stores those ID's in cache (and the cache is only updated when you perform a READ action on an article, so when you delete an article, that does not involve a READ MARKING action, so the cache is not updated). It will clear itself eventually (IIRC, 15 minutes).

Believe it or not, this still has not cleared. I'm quite sure this is a "me" problem and not related to this add-on, but Bob if you have any suggestions, I'm all ears :unsure: ...

Believe it or not, this still has not cleared. I'm quite sure this is a "me" problem and not related to this add-on, but Bob if you have any suggestions, I'm all ears :unsure: ...
Have you LOGGED OUT? If not, log out, then log back in (so the previous session actually ends and a new session actually starts).

Back