• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Resolved Time Zone Preference

craigForo

AMS Premium
Is the user preference for the time zone supposed to display by default in the "change article dates" drop down menu when opening that dialogue box?

Mine seems to default to (UTC) Dublin, but my preference is set to Eastern Time.

Or am I just in left field missing something?

Capture.JPG

Is the user preference for the time zone supposed to display by default in the "change article dates" drop down menu when opening that dialogue box?
No, when creating an article, the article timezone is set to 'Europe/London' by default unless a specific timezone is passed in (which currently, there is no option for that in AMS 2.x as that is part of the delayed publishing functionality).

The user preference will come into play for the Timezone chooser when setting up delayed publishing (when you can set a specific data/time/timezone to publish an article).

With that said, when you change the date(s) via the date changer and save it with a specific timezone, its going to change the article timezone from UTC, to what ever the new timezone is that you set (so the next time you click on the date changer for that article, its going to display the timezone that you saved... .eg, Eastern Timezone.

Back