• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Some questions

Sunka

Showcase
Hi, some questions:

I can not find option to show only category block and slider on Showcase Home Page.
Right now I have Category block on top slider below, and after that two, I have two blocks with items from two categories.
On Showcase home page I need only category block and slider below.

------------------------------

Is there a solution for one slider to show items from several categories on Showcase Home page or each category must have own slider?

Is there chance to slider automatically scroll items, or there is just manual way?

Custom item fields categories/groups? Is there a solution to have categories for custom item fields? I have several categories which are totally different so I have a lot of custom item fiels, but to get order how they show on item page I have to order them all mixed in one place.
Example, you have category with custom fields (color, height, weight, material...) and you have another category with totally different custom fields (field A, field B, field C...) to have some kind of order on Item page I have to order them all in one place. So it look like this:

color
field A
height
Field B

With category for fields, we could add item custom fields category to Showcase category so we can have clean look and order for fields in that category
Category 1
color
height
weight

Category 2
field A
field B

Tags - any chance to automatically add showcase item tags to thread tags when we have option set to yes to automatically create thread when created Showcase item?

I can not find option to show only category block and slider on Showcase Home Page.
Right now I have Category block on top slider below, and after that two, I have two blocks with items from two categories.
On Showcase home page I need only category block and slider below.
Set the Showcase Options >> Home Page TAB >> Home Page Layout Type >> to "Modular Layout (advanced setup required). And then don't set any of the options on "Modular Layout Options - SC Home Page" for any of your categories. This will let you display just the Slider, Cats block and any sidebar blocks you want.

Is there a solution for one slider to show items from several categories on Showcase Home page?

You are able to choose which categories items are pulled from.
Selection_984.png

or each category must have own slider?
Category Pages have their OWN Slider settings. There is a Global Option that you can set that each Category page will use as default settings and then each Category has options to Override the default settings. THis allows you to have sliders on some categories, but not others as well as different settings for different categories.

Is there chance to slider automatically scroll items, or there is just manual way?
The 3rd party JS has some limited "auto" features, however, the configuration setup that Showcase is using is NOT meant to work with any of the "auto" settings for the 3rd party JS.

Tags - any chance to automatically add showcase item tags to thread tags when we have option set to yes to automatically create thread when created Showcase item?
This is a suggestion, not a question. IIRC, there is already an existing suggestion for this, however, Im not sure if its here or at my private dev site, so do a quick look here first before creating a suggestion thread.

Thanks @Bob
One short question

There is no option for slider to show random items from Category?
No (and yes). Let me explain. The only sort type options that are available are located in the sort type dropdown.

Selection_992.png

There is one sort type that is unique and that is the sort type "Featured". When set to "featured", the model fetches content that is marked as "featured" and the fetching method uses the MySQL sort type rand().

Selection_994.png

CUSTOMIZATION: The fetching methods in the Item Model do have other sort types available to developers (one of which is 'random', however, this is added purely for Customization purposes). I know of several license holders that have had addons created that extend showcase to do things like add RANDOM fetching to the [bd] Widget Framework Rendersers that come with Showcase as well as Sliders for Forum Home (and probably SC Home as well).

I made the decision years ago that I would not include direct support for rand(); fetching with the exception of FEATURED content.

So I need to feature all items and set sort order Featured?
Only in this case slider items will be randomised?
You COULD do that, however, its NOT designed for that purpose. I was simply explaining the existing functionality to you.

What you want (the ability to fetch all items sorted by rand()) does not exist as a core feature. What does exist is fetching featured items sorted by rand().

Another question @Bob :D

One showcase category automatically create thread in one subforum.
Will be something destroyed if I move that subforum into another category?

I belive that showcase items are connected with thread IDs, and far as I know, thread IDs will be stay same even when they moved all around forum.

Example:

Showcase category automatically create threads in subforum B2

• Category ONE
    • Subforum A
      • Subforum A1
    • Subforum B
      • Subforum B1
      • Subforum B2
If I move subforum B with his child subforums B1 and B2 in new Category TWO, showcase items will still be connected with created threads in B2 subforum, and new items will automatically be created in B2 subforum?

Will be something destroyed if I move that subforum into another category?
No.

If I move subforum B with his child subforums B1 and B2 in new Category TWO, showcase items will still be connected with created threads in B2 subforum, and new items will automatically be created in B2 subforum?
This is correct. You won't have any problems doing this (as long as the node permissions allow people to view the threads).

The 3rd party JS has some limited "auto" features, however, the configuration setup that Showcase is using is NOT meant to work with any of the "auto" settings for the 3rd party JS.

sorry to resurrect this old thread but by chance has this been tweaked in newer versions?

sorry to resurrect this old thread but by chance has this been tweaked in newer versions?
No. The slider configuration that is being used in Showcase (infinite carousel) is not able to utilize the auto slide functions. It would require modifications to be configured slightly different than it is, in order to use the auto slider functions.

For XF2 versions of my addons, I use the Carousel JS that is included with Core XF.

Back