• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Some questions on Showcase 2.6.0 Beta upgrade

NinaMcI

Showcase
Hi,

I've just upgraded to Showcase 2.6.0 and there are a couple of things I'm having difficulties with.

In article view, no snippet text shows despite checking Show Item Snippet & setting Item Snippet Length to 500.

In List view on category pages, the ratings don't show despite checking
  • Show Author Rating (AV, NV, NVII, LV)
  • Show Average User Rating (AV, NV, NVII, LV)
Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

Do you have any outdated templates? That would cause both issues. If you send me a an Admin Login, I can check things out for you.

MERGING can cause problems as the XF merging system is NOT perfect (specially in complex templates). I had a case just a few days ago that the AUTO merging caused serious issues between someones customization and the MAJOR changes that were made. It screwed up the templates royally (which is why I mention that you might have to REVERT if you have problems and reapply customization to the reverted template).

btw, this is a PUBLIC THREAD. Don't post Admin login credentials in public. Send me an inbox please :) (also, include the URL to your site)

In article view, no snippet text shows despite checking Show Item Snippet & setting Item Snippet Length to 500.
That is because you are using MODULAR layout and when you do that, those GLOBAL settings do not take effect as you set those same settings in the Modular Layout options on the category. I'll respond more in the Private Message.

Back