• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Smilies No taking [replace snippet with description field]

Shelley

Showcase
When ever you create an item and happen to use a smilie that could make it to the nflj_showcase_index page when you've type the info it doesn't apply the smiley but rather the text replacement.

My suggestion is to either all smilies to be parsed or somehow hide make it that text replacements don't show in the preview area. Screenshot explains better :)

I just think text replacements makes the index, more specifically the item container area untidy when a text replacement is forced.

smilies_showcase.png

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'll see if the strip BBCODE will work on that.

Hey Bob,

Just wondering if this got overlooked or you've reconsidered. For the moment I've removed smilies from within the item area because it displays the replacement (As seen in the screenshot). I'm just wondering if this is still on in removing the text replacement being removed from the forum_list showcase node in a future update?

Eitherway keep up the exceptional work Bob, amazing product. :)

I completely forgot about this :( I just changed the status to "under development" so that it forces me to work on it now lol sorry bout that!

I completely forgot about this :( I just changed the status to "under development" so that it forces me to work on it now lol sorry bout that!

No worries Bob you've seriously spoiled us. :)

Thanks for looking into this and look forward to it appearing (or not appearing :D) in a future update. Much Appreciated.

Reactions: Bob
still haven't found a way to remove them, cause they are not really "BBCODE", so the BBCODE strip function doesn't work on them. I don't want to Parse them, because large smiles would throw off the text formatting. Need to have a chat with Chris and see if he has any bright ideas about how to go about this. :/

Im about ready to just add a description field that would be used for the Blocks and Widgets instead of using message text that contains BBCODE. There just is not a way to remove smiles. Would probably make more sense to have a separate field anyway. I'd code it to first check for a description field and if it was empty, fall back to using text from the message body.

That sounds like a good way to implement it Bob :)

Im about ready to just add a description field that would be used for the Blocks and Widgets instead of using message text that contains BBCODE. There just is not a way to remove smiles. Would probably make more sense to have a separate field anyway. I'd code it to first check for a description field and if it was empty, fall back to using text from the message body.

Honestly Bob, if it's proving to be a PIA to do it's not really vital and not a show stopper for me personally. I appreciate the efforts you've put into trying this suggestion so it's all good if it's more of a pain to include. :)

I'm getting full use out of this fine add-on so eitherway it's an add-on I'm fully utilizing and more than getting my money's worth out of.

I ended up adding a description field, which IMO is a better option than using a snippet anyway. I still need to fully implement it, but just letting you know. It gracefully falls back to using a snippet from the message body if no description is present, so when you upgrade, it won't leave all the pages empty lol

Marked this as Partially Implemented as the original post asked for smile text code to be removed on the descriptions (there is no easy way to do this), but I've instead added a description field for each item that is a text only description which is used on Modules, Blocks, Widgets and List Views. The description field is optional (not required). In the case a description field is empty, it will gracefully fall back to using the first 250 characters of the body of the first tab.

Marked this as Partially Implemented as the original post asked for smile text code to be removed on the descriptions (there is no easy way to do this), but I've instead added a description field for each item that is a text only description which is used on Modules, Blocks, Widgets and List Views. The description field is optional (not required). In the case a description field is empty, it will gracefully fall back to using the first 250 characters of the body of the first tab.

Thanks Bob for you efforts. :) *patiently waits for the next update release* :D

Back