• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Fixed Server Error Log (topctrl)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeviateDefiant

SC Premium
Just a error which has been showing repeatedly in my control panel since upgrading to 2.2 RC2.
ErrorException: Undefined index: topctrl - library/NFLJ/Showcase/Listener/Template.php:146

Stack Trace:

Code:
#0 /home/hondakarma/public_html/library/NFLJ/Showcase/Listener/Template.php(146): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/hondakarm...', 146, Array)
#1 [internal function]: NFLJ_Showcase_Listener_Template::templatePostRender('forum_view', '???????????????...', Array, Object(XenForo_Template_Public))
#2 /home/hondakarma/public_html/library/XenForo/CodeEvent.php(58): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 /home/hondakarma/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Abstract.php(195): XenForo_CodeEvent::fire('template_post_r...', Array, 'forum_view')
#4 /home/hondakarma/public_html/library/XenForo/Template/Public.php(110): XenForo_Template_Abstract->render()
#5 /home/hondakarma/public_html/library/XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php(123): XenForo_Template_Public->render()
#6 /home/hondakarma/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(618): XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer(Object(XenForo_Template_Public), Array)
#7 /home/hondakarma/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(158): XenForo_FrontController->renderView(Object(XenForo_ControllerResponse_View), Object(XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic), Array)
#8 /home/hondakarma/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}

Request State:

Code:
array(3) {
["url"] => string(47) "http://hondakarma.com/community/projects/page-2"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/community/projects/page-2"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Its related to the new ability to have a create showcase button next to the create thread button. Looks like that forum don't have the create thread, so their is no HTML for the topctrl. For now, just disable that option.

I do actually want to make use of that option (and remove the "Post New Thead" option entirely in that section). All my showcase items get posted to the same forum with different prefixes, how do I enable the button in just that forum (option is selected in the main "Showcase Options" page)?

When you enable it, it is only enabled for Forums that have been set for a Showcase Category to create threads in.

ie. Showcase Category 1.. create thread in FORUM X

So when a user views FORUM X, a create showcase button is inserted next to the create thread button. When Viewing any other forum, its ignored.

In which case that is what I currently have done, and the button doesn't show at the moment.

EDIT: Apologies, it does show next to the breadcrumbs bar, I was looking next to the "Post New Thread" button :rolleyes:

ok, download the SC 2.2.0 RC 2 package again (I updated the zip file) and upload the files again (do not run the upgrade XML).

NOTE: the only file that has changed is /library/NFLJ/Showcase/Listener/Template.php in case you want to just upload that one file.

You can see that in this forum, only the create showcase button displays: http://addons.nfljunkies.com/forums/showcase-demo-threads.38/

Last edited:
All updated, no further server errors, the showcase item button is showing, though the new thread button is too, of course I can fix this in permissions so that's no big deal at all. It might relate to custom template changes I've made :)

Reactions: Bob
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back