• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Resolved SC3.0.1: Extra row in top with content (0)

Sadiq6210

Showcase
If I enter any category, I am getting extra row in top with content (0) as shown in the screenshot:

upload_2019-1-5_13-37-49.png

* I didn't modify any template or file.

Looks like for some ODD reason, that your Category Content field is populated with the character 0 (zero) when it should be '' (empty).

Are you able to (and do you know how) to run SQL queries?

Can you run this and see if any categories have just the character 0 (zero).
Code:
SELECT `title`,`content_message` FROM `xf_xa_sc_category`;

run this and that should take care of it for you.
Code:
UPDATE `xf_xa_sc_category`
SET `content_message` = ''
WHERE `content_message` = 0

Fixed. Thanks Bob

Just to make it clear
Is it something that you will fix it in next release or is it from our side and I need to run this query again when I update the live website?

Is it something that you will fix it in next release
No, there is nothing to fix (the solution to your issue is running that query on your DB). There is no code in Showcase that sets that particular field to 0 (default is and always has been '' empty), nor is there is anything in the XF1 >> XF2 upgrade updates that field (cept the field name change). Somehow (mystery), your particular DB has that field populated with 0 (for reason's I have no idea, but its not Showcase that set that).

If your existing live DB has that field (named 'category_content' in SC 2.x) set to 0, then you are going to have to set that to empty '' as well (either before or after the upgrade).

You can run these against your SC 2.x DB to see if you have the same issue (probably do as I assume you cloned your production environment for a dev environment).
Code:
SELECT `title`,`category_content` FROM `xf_nflj_showcase_category`;

Code:
UPDATE `xf_nflj_showcase_category`
SET `category_content` = ''
WHERE `category_content` = 0

Back