• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Review Listing

John Shallo

Showcase
Hi, I'm just getting started creating a review based site. So far, things are flowing. However, I need to find a solution for something.

My review summary is set to be pretty extensive... lets say several pages long or 10K characters.

My question is how do I limit the summary portion when listing reviews. Right now its showing the FULL review within the list.. I would need a snippet of the summary (review) and a (read full review) link... or something like that. How can I do this? Especially if I have hundreds of reviews.

You can set the Min and Max character amount for the Summary Field (you can set the Max for the Pros/Cons), however, that is as far as any "settings" go.

Right now its showing the FULL review within the list
Yes, that is how it is designed.

I would need a snippet of the summary (review) and a (read full review) link... or something like that. How can I do this? Especially if I have hundreds of reviews.
To do that will require some extensive development (programming, JS, templates etc). If you are a developer, it would probably be best to do it via an Addon that extends the RateReview Controller and RateReview Model vs directly editing the addon itself. If not, you could hire someone.

Also, feel free to suggest ANY functionality that you'd like to see that currently does not exist. A very large amount of functionality of this addon is based on user suggestions (most of the User Reviews enhancements have been recently made based on user suggestions). I can't see any reason why something like what you are asking about can't be built in eventually.

Back