• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Reassign Showcase Items

MattW

Server Admin
AMS Premium
CAS Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
Would be useful in my particular set up to be able to assign the resource to a different member.

For example, we used to run "Car of the Month" events, and we basically created a showcase for each of the winners. I want to move these into the Showcase, but have the showcase owned by the person who won.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
This kinda goes hand in hand with BamaStangGuy's request to create items for other users. I kinda want to hold off on both until I see the new User Management stuff within the upcoming versions of xenforo (both 1.1.4 and especially 1.2.0) .

Thanks Bob, I've just tried manually changing the member ID via the DB, and it seems to work OK. All the notifications etc carry over to the new user for any new comments, likes, votes.

Thanks Bob, I've just tried manually changing the member ID via the DB, and it seems to work OK. All the notifications etc carry over to the new user for any new comments, likes, votes.

ya, that will work for anything NEW, but it will screw up OLD likes, Alerts, Newsfeeds etc.. I really want to do some more advanced user stuff, but I can't until XF does its stuff in 1.1.4 (to fix a few issues) and 1.2.0 (for things like user merging).

ya, that will work for anything NEW, but it will screw up OLD likes, Alerts, Newsfeeds etc.. I really want to do some more advanced user stuff, but I can't until XF does its stuff in 1.1.4 (to fix a few issues) and 1.2.0 (for things like user merging).
That's OK for me for the time being, because as soon as I finish adding the item, I re-assign it to the correct owner.

I've got several issues with using that
  • My members wouldn't like it if I was logging into the forum as them
  • I don't want his copyright on EVERY page on my forum
  • I'm not paying him to use any of his add-ons any more (he classes my site as a commercial site because I have a shop, and I have to pay a licence fee to use it)

I don't think that would work either, as that is changing the post owner inside a thread, and not the Showcase item. To do that, you need to edit the values in the tables specific to the showcase.

Ahhh ok, it was worth a try :)

Current thread associated to an item can be reassigned

This suggestion is to allow the option to re-assign owner of an item

I also would strongly support the ability to reassign a Showcase item to a different user. I see one other suggestion was to have a "Claim It" link on the entry, the same as what Tenants has with his Business Directory addon:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/surreyforum-xenkingdir-link-business-directory-directory.134/
However I see that suggestion was canned.

XF's Resources addon has an option where a resource can be reassigned to a different user so something even just like that would be great

I am about to start populating the Showcase on my site and once I have an entry all done I want to be able to hand the management of any specific entry over to other users down the track so a URGENT +1 from me for this suggestion.

Basically doing this the same way as the Resource Manager. I've added a new Showcase Moderator permission 'Reassign Items' to let you control who can perform the action.

So far testing on this seems to work fine. Haven't run into any odd side effects (YET). Still not ready to mark it as Implemented (or even partially) until I am certain it doesn't effect other SC functionality.

Marked as Implemented.

Added new Moderator Permission 'Reassign Items'
New control link "Reassign' is displayed with the other control links (Edit, Delete, Report etc) if viewing user has the above permission.
Link opens a form in an overlay in which you can type in the username that you want to reassign the item to.

Important NOTE: Reassigning a Showcase Item that has a discussion thread integrated with it will also reassign thread ownership as well as the first post of the thread to the new owner. It will NOT replace any update posts made by the previous owner however.

Back