• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Prefix Management - usage ideas

SnoSheriff

Showcase
I have a motorcycle forum on which I installed the Showcase. I'm not sure how I could use the Prefix feature. I realize that I may not have a need for it but I'm looking for ideas on how others have used it or how I could use it. Thanks.

I have a motorcycle forum too.
I use the prefix for the manufacturer (BMW, Aprilia, Honda Suzuki .......) and the models like ( GSX-R1000 K1/2 - K3/4 - K5/6 .............)

Prefixes are great for being able to filter out things you don't and just get a listing of things you want to see.. They work in conjunction with Categories. Some people don't like to have 100's of categories and instead they'd rather have a shorter list of Categories and use Prefixes to be able to filter down..

ie..

Honda
-- 3 WHeeler
-- Dirt Bike
-- Trail Bike
-- Mini Bike

vs

Having only Honda and then creating Prefixes for the 4 sub cats instead.

JUST AN EXAMPLE lol

YOu can also do things like Ride of the Week or Month.... Then people can filter by that prefix and have a list of all the "Ride of the Month" showcases.

Back