• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Overall Leaderboard?

BigPete7978

Showcase
Pick'em
I see that there is a leaderboard based upon a week by week basis, but is there an overall leaderboard? If not it would be a great feature.

they are side by side. The overall leaderboard is progressive, meaning that if you are viewing week 3, the overall leadboard displays the overall standings accumulated from weeks 1, 2 and 3 so that at the end of the season, you can look back in time and see the various overall leaders during that period of time. This is crucial for some leagues that have prizes based on the number of times you were at the top of the leaderboard (one example).

Ohhh ok. Yeah just saw that :) On another note, is there a way to have more than two "teams" to pick from in a given game/match. I ask because I run a wrestling forum, and there are more than 2 wrestlers in a match at times.

On another note, is there a way to have more than two "teams" to pick from in a given game/match. I ask because I run a wrestling forum, and there are more than 2 wrestlers in a match at times.

Unfortunately no. Its not possible with the current architecture. To do that, its going to require a completely different way of doing everything, so it won't even be possible unless I do a complete rebuild of Pickem (which won't be happening for awhile). Im not sure how to best handle that. You might be able to add the wrestler(s) in the system more than once (like Pete Hoffer 1, Pete Hoffer 2). Since its really not about the people themselves, it would probably work for you.

Unfortunately no. Its not possible with the current architecture. To do that, its going to require a completely different way of doing everything, so it won't even be possible unless I do a complete rebuild of Pickem (which won't be happening for awhile). Im not sure how to best handle that. You might be able to add the wrestler(s) in the system more than once (like Pete Hoffer 1, Pete Hoffer 2). Since its really not about the people themselves, it would probably work for you.
No it is an issue from the standpoint of there is a match with like 8 people involved. I was going to have members choose between them through the Pickem app :(
Hopefully in the future though :(

Someone else had that same issue and resolved it like I mentioned...

Week 1

Match 1 - Pete 1 vs Stew 1
Match 2 - Karl 1 vs James 1
Match 3 - Pete 2 vs Karl 2
Match 4 - Stew 2 vs James 2

On a side note: The issue with multiple same team/player comes into conflict with the Sidebar Modules. I can look into maybe adding another pool type and disable the Sidebar Modules (and no, I won't make custom sidebar modules for this). lol

@Bob

I would like to reward the winners by month but using the same week pools.
Actually, I have 5 soccer pools which are by week but instead of awarding the winners by week, I would like to award them by month by offering a freebet or whatever you know... Is this possible? If yes, how please?

I made some tests on my forum to see if I can see the general leaderboard which is I presume "hall of fame" but it doesn't work, this board still empty even if we have good picks and corrected. Is this normal?

Of course, I corrected them before the end of the pool to make some tests, it is perhaps the reason it doesn't show up...

Is there any user promotion in order to award by month instead of awarding by week even for soccer pools?

Thx Bob

The Hall of Fame lists the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners for each Pool. Only Pools that are complete (completed the entire season) and the Pool Status is set to "Final" will display on the Hall of Fame (and obviously filling in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place User Id's).

Each WEEK also has its own 1st, 2nd and 3rd place settings and these display on the appropriate Week Page. These are managed via the Pool Management area in the Admin CP. Each pool has a "Weeks: #" link that takes you to an area where you set 1st, 2nd and 3rd place for each week of the season for that pool. When you set these, the winners avatars and place displays on the Week Standings on the frontend.

Is there any user promotion in order to award by month instead of awarding by week even for soccer pools?
These are the user criteria that are added to XenForo when installing pickem. These can be used for Notices, Promotions and Trophies. Not sure if any of those will help, just letting you know that there are some user criteria available.

Selection_999(005).png

Back