• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Original Source: option to Disable globally and or per category

Bob

Developer
Staff member
beanfan78 said:
I would like to request some expansion to the Original Source functionality. I need to be able to disable this, so I'd like to request the following options if possible.

Per Category: Enable/Disable Original Source with a sub option of Require Original Source.

I've modified the Category setting for the Original Source functionality to now be an OPT IN system that needs to be enabled on a per category basis (Opt In means that it is disabled by default and you have to manually enable it on a per category basis).

The Original Source Required is now a sub option that is only able to be enabled IF the Original Source is enabled.

When the Original Source is Enabled, the inputs will display on the Create and Edit forms.

Selection_346.png

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have articles that have Original Source Data and you move them into a Category that the Original Source is not enabled, the OS fields will not be available on the input for when EDITING and upon saving, that data will be removed (since the category does not allow it).

UPGRADE NOTE: The INSTALLER has code that will enable the Original Source IF the Original Source Required is set (if not, the Enable Original Source will be disabled and you will have to manually opt in for all categories that you've already created.

POST UPGRADE NOTE: You can run this query to enable the option for all categories (for those of you that want to opt in for all categories).
Code:
UPDATE xf_nflj_ams_category SET original_source_enabled = '1'

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Back