• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Moving user reviews

joec

AMS Premium
SC Premium
Is there a way to move reviews from one item to another (for cases like duplicate items)?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I moved this into suggestions as there is no existing function for handling the moving of user reviews, however I can appreciate that there is a need for it.

IIRC, there is an existing suggestion for merging Items which would include moving user reviews into from the source item to the target item.

While that merge would be great, occasionally we have users who post reviews to the wrong product, and the ability to move reviews from one item to another would be great. (Then in relation to the merge possibility, we could just remove the erroneous product, if we move all of the reviews to a more appropriate item.)

Thank you for taking the time to read and consider any of the suggestions given. While we hope that a move review option comes to fruition, we appreciate that you've given it thought.

Hi Bob!

I just wanted to revisit this one, as it's something we still would love to see, even if in the Merge Product method. Is this still a possibility? We have some old reviews under products that we'd love to consolidate, but we don't want to have to change the date/time stamp on their posting. Is this still a feature being considered?

Hi Bob!

I just wanted to revisit this one, as it's something we still would love to see, even if in the Merge Product method. Is this still a possibility? We have some old reviews under products that we'd love to consolidate, but we don't want to have to change the date/time stamp on their posting. Is this still a feature being considered?
Both Move and Merge are being considered for the XF2 version of all my addons that have reviews functionality. Also, Reassign and Change Date is also being considered.

This has been implemented via a [PAID] request by a premium license holder that wanted this included in Showcase.

There is a new inline moderation tool for moving reviews from one item to another item.

This is permissions driven based off of the Showcase Rate/Review Moderator Permission "Edit any review"

Here we have 2 Showcase Items... They are both showcasing the same thing (Tacos Tacos Tacos).

Selection_993.png

Selection_994.png

In this example, lets move the 3 reviews on the newest item into the oldest item. We do this by selecting the 3 reviews via inline moderation controls and selecting "Move reviews..." from the action dropdown.

Selection_997.png

This will launch an overlay that lets you add the URL of the target item as well as notify the authors of the reviews being moved.

Selection_999(002).png

The result... Item 1 now has all 5 reviews (and Item 2 has no reviews since they were moved).

Selection_998.png

Selection_999.png

Example of the alert that is sent out.

Selection_999(001).png

A quick question, @Bob, is this for both XF1.5 and XF2? I grabbed the latest version for 1.5 (as we're working on our transition to XF2), and I'm not seeing the "Move reviews..." option, so I wanted to confirm.

A quick question, @Bob, is this for both XF1.5 and XF2?
No, Im only developing for XF2 now. I stopped XF1 development appx 18 months ago.

This has been implemented in Showcase 3.1.5 (which has not been released yet). Probably a couple more weeks before SC 3.1.5 will be released Standard license holders.

In case you don't know, all implemented suggestions and bug fixes are tagged with the version it was implemented in or fixed in. This way you click on the tag SC 3.1.5 and you get a listing of all implemented suggestions/bugs fixes for that particular version. Also, the Release Thread is tagged, so if you don't see a release thread in the tag listing, that means it hasn't been released yet.

Selection_999(013).png

Back