• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Fixed Max Tag Count not appyling

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK201

AMS Premium
Showcase
Steps to reproduce.

1)Create New Item
2)Add the details and for the tag option simply add more than 5
3)Create Item - You will get a warning overlay stating that you can only use up to 5 tags

However the item get's published right away in step 3 regardless of the tag limit. Also note you'll still be on the create page.

This is the item: http://addons.nfljunkies.com/showcase/another-test.46/

I can't reproduce it... when I hit save, I get an error message. I can't figure out how you are bypassing that...

Selection_174.png

That's really strange. I tried again and I was able to bypass it.

Could it have to do with permissions? Or even the name change I had?

I see @C.Birch was also able to bypass it (?)

Might be something with permissions here for demo purposes. I'll check it out in a bit.

Scratch that Bob, I get the exact same issue.

I guess I never realized it before considering I always set it up to unlimited.

which same issue? The error not popping up or is it. That is a separate issue from an item being saved even tho the error pops up. I need to know specifically which one YOU are having. Carla made it clear that she is at least getting the error popping up.

@Bob B
And the items created via this 'method' do not show up in the moderation queue (The one on the moderation bar) however they show up in the showcase index as awaiting moderation.

Another weird bug. I can also submit a item without a cover image. (Due to the tag bug)

I'm guessing everything get's ignored/bypassed due the error.

Last edited:
which same issue? The error not popping up or is it. That is a separate issue from an item being saved even tho the error pops up. I need to know specifically which one YOU are having. Carla made it clear that she is at least getting the error popping up.

The error pops up for me as well and then when you view the recent item/showcase the item is published. Exactly like Carla.

@Bob B
And the items created via this 'method' do not show up in the moderation queue (The one on the moderation bar) however they show up in the showcase index as awaiting moderation.

Another weird bug. I can also submit a item without a cover image. (Due to the tag bug)

I'm guessing everything get's ignored/bypassed due the error.

ya, I think the tag issue is the cause. Pretty sure when I fix that, the other stuff won't be an issue.

The error pops up for me as well and then when you view the recent item/showcase the item is published. Exactly like Carla.

ok, just needed to clarify that part. I think I know what might be the issue with this particular one. Just need to be able to reproduce it first (which I can't on my dev instances). I'll get it hammered out tho.

Pretty sure I've got this resolved by doing a lot of code re writing. Doing some internal testing now and will update the demo and have you test it again :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back