• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

List of Widget Framework locations

cdub

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
EMS Early Adopter
IMS Premium
LD Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
If I want to have a certain widget on the sidebar of the showcase home page... what location do I put?

forum_list is for the main forum page... what are the showcase ones to put?

TITLE: List of Widget Framework locations
This is something that you need to ask the developer of that addon. xfrocks has put a lot of time and effort explaining in detail how to use his addon and it is applicable to ALL addons eg, the step for addon a widget to the RM sidebar is the same for Showcase or any other addon.

If I want to have a certain widget on the sidebar of the showcase home page
There are three types of positions for the [bd] Widget Framework:

- The "all" position will make the widget show up in the sidebar of all pages.
Obviously, this one won't work for you, because you only want it on the Showcase Home. IT does come in handy from time to time tho.

- Or you can input a comma separated list of templates that need the widget. Popular templates: forum_list (the index page), forum_view (the individual forum page), thread_view (the thread page).
Several Showcase license holders use this option. You have to use the actual template names eg nflj_showcase_index, nflj_showcase_category. There is MORE to it than just typing in a template name however... you HAVE to understand how the [bd] widget framework works, what it takes over, what it's going to do to the 3rd party addon sidebar etc. This is information that you get from xfrocks (or by reading his thread about his addon). He 's documented the crap out of this stuff.

- Or you can input a comma separated list in the format of "hook:hook_name" to render the widget directly to the hook. For example: "hook:page_container_content_top" will make the widget visible at the top of the page, on every page.
This is my personal favorite and what I ALWAYS recommend people to use. I explained this in detail to you via conversation, so I am not going to explain it in detail again.
You can use EXISTING HOOKS (hooks that core XF has placed in various templates) OR you can use CUSTOM HOOKS (hooks that YOU add to a specific template(s)).
The method I recommend to anyone that asks is to use custom hooks. All a hook is, is a tiny bit of xen syntax that you can place in ANY template at ANY location in that template.
This is what a custom hook looks like..
HTML:
<xen:hook name="alfa1_test" />
You place this hook into ANY template eg, nflj_showcase_index_sidebar

and then this is what you enter into the WIDGET to get it to display where ever you placed that hook.
Selection_296 (1).png

Using Custom Hooks is BY FAR the BEST way to do this. Its extremely POWERFUL, cause you are the only controlling it by adding your OWN hooks to the exact location(s) that you want. And the best part... Its beyond EASY! It is by far the most easy customization that you can do. It literally takes less than a minute to add a custom hook to a template, create the widget, use the custom hook for the position and save.

Okay I'll look into doing custom hooks. :) Thanks again for all your help.

Okay I'll look into doing custom hooks. :) Thanks again for all your help.
It really is super easy. Finding the "right' spot in complex templates is sometimes a tad bit challenging when you are first learning, but once you understand the layout of a template, you'll have no problems :)

Back