• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Keyword alerts

kontrabass

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
We used to run a keyword alert addon back in xf 1.5. It was used widely by our premium members, mostly to get notified when that special piece of gear went up for sale in the classifieds.

Sadly, no such keyword alert add on seems to exist any longer in xf2. Our members are reeeealy missing this feature. It does increase the value of our classifieds to have such functionality: better chances of a sale if interested parties are notified.

Here's the basics: In the user profile menu there was a link to "keyword alerts". In this use case, maybe a subheading under CAS would suffice. Once there, the user would select "add keyword", and then enter the keyword along with their alert preferences for that particular keyword (email or alert notification), and time prefs (notify immediately, notify once an hour, or once a day).

The email or alert would read something like "Joe Doe posted an ad with a keyword you are following: "keyword".
- View Ad
- Manage your Keywords

So, if I'm watching the keyword "Fender" and someone posts an ad with that in the *title*, I would receive an alert or email based on my prefs for that keyword.

👍😁

Last edited:
Upvote 1
keyword alert addon
Unfortunately, I have no idea what that addon is/was/does and how it worked/s, so I will need you to update your post and explain all of the functionality of that addon, how it worked/s and how it would pertain to CAS.

Back