• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Resolved ErrorException: Template error

NinaMcI

Showcase
I recently upgraded to SC v3.2.0 on my xf v2.2.1 and I've been getting lots of errors outlined below.

Code:
Server error log
ErrorException: Template error: Macro public:xa_sc_attachment_macros:attachment_list_item is unknown src/XF/Template/Templater.php:632
Generated by: Unknown account Oct 28, 2020 at 1:10 PM
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, 'Macro public:xa...', '/var/www/vhosts...', 632, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(632): trigger_error('Macro public:xa...', 512)
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(745): XF\Template\Templater->getTemplateMacro('public', 'xa_sc_attachmen...', 'attachment_list...')
#3 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s2/public/xa_sc_item_view.php(424): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('xa_sc_attachmen...', 'attachment_list...', Array, Array)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1609): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\StandardLib\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#5 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('xa_sc_item_view', Array)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(458): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XenAddons\\Showc...', 'public:xa_sc_it...', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(440): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#11 src/XF/App.php(2300): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#12 src/XF.php(465): XF\App->run()
#13 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#14 {main}

Any ideas what might be causing these errors?

Any ideas what might be causing these errors?
Most likely an outdated template as the template 'xa_sc_attachment_macros' was removed (as I use the Core XF attachment_macros template now). I had used a custom version of the core xf attachment_macros template for several years, however, with all of the constant changes that XF keeps making to attachments, I decided it was best to just go with the flow and use the core xf attachment macro instead of having to push out releases every time they made a change).

Anyway.. do a search on templates for the term 'xa_sc_attachment_macros'. If you find that, just remove 'xa_sc_' and it should be fine.

Thank you Bob. That seems to have done the trick :)

I also noticed these custom changes in the template:
Code:
Custom changes: xa_sc_item_view
<xf:title page="{$page}">{{ prefix('sc_item', $item, 'escaped') }}{$item.title}</xf:title>
<xf:title>{{ prefix('sc_item', $item, 'escaped') }}{$item.title}</xf:title>

<xf:if is="$item.description">
    <xf:set var="$descSnippet" value="{{ snippet($item.description, 250, {'stripBbCode': true}) }}" />
<xf:else />
    <xf:set var="$descSnippet" value="{{ snippet($item.message, 250, {'stripBbCode': true}) }}" />
</xf:if>

<xf:macro template="metadata_macros" name="metadata"
    arg-description="{$descSnippet}"
    arg-type="article"
    arg-shareUrl="{{ link('canonical:showcase', $item) }}"
    arg-canonicalUrl="{{ link('canonical:showcase', $item, {'page': $page > 1 ? $page : null}) }}"
    arg-canonicalUrl="{{ link('canonical:showcase', $item) }}"
    arg-imageUrl="{{ $item.CoverImage ? link('canonical:showcase/cover-image', $item) : ($item.Category.content_image ? base_url('styles/default/xenaddons/showcase/category_images/' . {$item.Category.content_image}, true) : '') }}"
    arg-twitterCard="summary_large_image" />

Should I change anything here?

Reactions: Bob
Definitely should only be using one TITLE tag.. I'd suggest using this one as it contains the PAGE attribute, which is important for SEO purposes.

HTML:
<xf:title page="{$page}">{{ prefix('sc_item', $item, 'escaped') }}{$item.title}</xf:title>

Also, in the meta data macro, use the first canonicalUrl and remove the 2nd one. Its important to have the PAGE attribute for SEO purposes.

HTML:
arg-canonicalUrl="{{ link('canonical:showcase', $item, {'page': $page > 1 ? $page : null}) }}"

Back