• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Implemented Enhanced Post as Update

C.Birch

AMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
Hi,

Right now the post an update systems just auto makes a post saying the showcase items been updated, this can make it hard for users to know just what got updated and i find myself editing the post to point it out.

It would be nice to have a text box on the edit item page that shows when post an update if ticked that lets you enter some text to say what's been edited what then auto shows along with the auto update post so its more clear to users

Reactions: Bob
Upvote 1
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Makes perfect sense to me. Not sure if I can sneak this in NOW or not, but definitely in a x.x.X release.

This suggestion has been fully implemented.

This first screen cap shows the new optional custom message block (supports BBCODE and Plain Text). NOTE: there is a 2500 character limit.
custom-update-message.PNG

This second screen cap shows two examples using the new Custom Update Message option. As you can see, it will parse BBCODE (or as my example say's "BBCDOE") and smiles, but will not parse HTML!
custom-update-message2.PNG

I should note that there is a 2500 character limit on the Custom Update Message. I've also increased the Snippet message (the message that posts if you don't use a custom message) from 550 to 2500 now that core xf includes a 'click to expand' feature on the quote.

Back