• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Disable Showcase Filters Menu

nrep

Showcase
First of all, congrats on 2.2.0 - this is an excellent addon :)

I wanted to disable the filters option on the showcase, as I don't need to use it. I went in to the options and disabled all of the filter tickboxes, however this means that the filter dropdown just says "loading" rather than not displaying if there are no filter types to show.

Is it possible to make the filter dropdown disappear if there are no filter types to display?

Upvote 0
This is not a BUG. There is currently not an option to fully disable the Filter System (just individual parts of it). What you disabled were the 3 "Type" filters. There are also "Rating" Filters and "Prefix" Filters.

If you'd like, I can move this into the suggestions as I am not opposed to adding a switch to disable the entire Filter System.

Cheers Bob, that would be great if you could move it please :). I wasn't sure if it was a bug or suggestion, but as I'd disabled everything and the dropdown just stayed at "loading" then I opted for here.

Reactions: Bob
I've added in a Quick Disabler that will remove the Filter dropdown menu from the listing pages. This options does NOT disable the system, it just removes the dropdown menu. People can still manually filter by adding URL query params if they know them.

Selection_445.png

NOTE: I'll be redoing the entire Filter System Options in the next MAJOR update.

Back