• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Create new item - no text editor

gazhyde

AMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
Is it possible to remove the text editor when creating new showcase items?

I'm thinking of reworking my current showcase setup so that only fixed information can be entered from Custom User Fields, so don't want the editor to be shown if possible.

Yes it is, Login to your Admin CP and go to Applications > Showcase > Category Management.
Pick the category you wish to edit and then pick "Item Tabs Options" You will see a tick box for each tab to turn off and on the editor.

Screen Shot 2014-07-13 at 18.48.54.png

Reactions: Bob
Let me know if you run into any issues with this. Its something that I just made possible in the last version (for tab 1). Tabs 2,3,4 and 5 have always been able to disable the editor.

Old topic but related question: it's possible to disable the rich text editor? (Or just the Image BB Code?)

Some of our users are using the Image BB Code instead of "Upload a File".

it's possible to disable the rich text editor?
In showcase, the main MESSAGE field for Tabs 1-5 is OPTIONAL and can be disabled on a per TAB basis on a per Category basis.

Each Category has a Tabs 1-5 Options tab with settings to control the Tab Name, Description, Enable Editor, Min and Max message length. This allows you to do things like Disable the Editor for Tab 1 and just have Custom Fields input only.

Selection_689.png

In showcase, the main MESSAGE field for Tabs 1-5 is OPTIONAL and can be disabled on a per TAB basis on a per Category basis.

Each Category has a Tabs 1-5 Options tab with settings to control the Tab Name, Description, Enable Editor, Min and Max message length. This allows you to do things like Disable the Editor for Tab 1 and just have Custom Fields input only.

View attachment 3472
Thanks Bob. I like to enable editor without the buttons (because without buttons my users don't insert BB Code tags). It´s possible?

The buttons are just GUI helpers. You can manually add BBCODE syntax to a plain textarea input and if the field itself is a field that is designed to parse BBCode, its going to parse it. To actually disable BBCode for the message fields, that would require some programming, some options and some template editing. Not something that is "how to" material. Would best be handled via an addon because of the amount of programming code that would be required (too much for direct file edits).

Back