• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Changing Showcase into a Review-based Addon

ArnyVee

Bob (or anyone else), I'm starting to create a showcase on a test site and I wanted to do some customization. Since this instance of the "Showcase" will be more of an informational 'reviews' system, I'd like to remove the references of the user who created the items.
  • How do I remove the "member" line from the Quick Stats?
  • How do I change the "created by Member" line and just have the 'category' listed when viewing an item? (Just a phrase change?)
  • How do I change the sidebar "More Items from Member" to "More Items in Category"?
I'm sure I'll have a million questions when I really start customizing this, but figured I'd start asking them and add to this thread as I went along :)

You have to edit each phrase you want to change. XenForo doesn't have a search and replace system for phrases.
How if we change phrases from MySql database directly,.. can we do it without any problem?

Code:
UPDATE `xf_phrase` SET `phrase_text` = replace(`phrase_text`, 'Showcase', 'Reviews');

How if we change phrases from MySql database directly,.. can we do it without any problem?
Pretty sure that you need to use the Phrase DataWriter as its more involved than just making a single entry into the xf_phrase table. There is also the xf_phrase_compiled and xf_phrase_map tables. You can search on xenforo.com to see if anyone has posted about it.

Back