• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Resolved Change Text

BrianC

Showcase
Hey Bob, Can you help me figure out how to change the text when adding a new item from Title... to something else. I have been looking around and did not find it. Please see image for example.

Thanks, Brian

title.jpg

I tend to use Core Phrases where possible, so in this case, I am using the core xf Phrase 'title'. You probably don't want to edit that phrase, so the only option would be to edit the 'xa_sc_item_edit_macros' template and change the phrase to either a custom phrase that you add yourself or just replace the phrase with text.

So...

Edit the template: xa_sc_item_edit_macros

There are TWO macros that you will need to modify ('title_item_add' and 'title_item_edit'). These 2 macros are the first 2 macros in the template.

You will be replacing the placeholder in both macros.

Selection_539.png

As mentioned above, you can replace the existing phrase that is being used with a custom phrase like this:

Selection_540.png

Or you can remove the template syntax for calling a phrase and replace it with hard coded text like this:

Selection_541.png

Back