• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Partially Implemented Categories with permissions

rich

Showcase
Something i think may make this great product better. I have sections that members can upload to and use , To have rights built into categories would make it capable to have different uses in the one system.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Can you expand on this a bit. Not sure I totally understand what you want.

Can you expand on this a bit. Not sure I totally understand what you want.

I think rich is referring to having permissions for each individual category. A bit like individual node permissions for XF, but for the showcase categories.

I think rich is referring to having permissions for each individual category. A bit like individual node permissions for XF, but for the showcase categories.
Yes , thanks for the help!

not even sure if that is doable outside of Nodes. I'll have to really dig into Node Permissions functionality when I have time. Its a rather large bit of functionality to figure out. I'll mark as considered while I do some research and will post an update when I have something concrete one way or the other.

Seeing this added would be real nice, because on our site we have 'official category's' that only admins can add listings to, but we would like to add some user based ones also, but right now this can not be done as it would mean giving users access to our official ones.

Basically we have turned this add-on in to a reviews system: http://www.yourpshome.net/showcase/harbour-studio.1/

Screen Shot 2013-01-20 at 22.26.45.png

Reactions: Bob
Seeing this added would be real nice, because on our site we have 'official category's' that only admins can add listings to, but we would like to add some user based ones also, but right now this can not be done as it would mean giving users access to our official ones.

Basically we have turned this add-on in to a reviews system: http://www.yourpshome.net/showcase/harbour-studio.1/

View attachment 306

How did you add multiple ratings? Or is the rating code there external to the addon?

I marked this as "Partially Implemented" as Carla was specific about "Creating" items permissions per user group (which has been implemented).

Back