• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Categories other than "General"

Lord-Cupre

Showcase
Hi,

Just wondering if there is a way, when people are posting things to showcase, to choose a category other than "General."
If so, how?

Thanks

Cupre

In the Admin CP, you can create as many Showcase categories as you want. Part of the Showcase Category Management is giving user groups the ability to create items in specific categories.

Admin CP >> Applications >> Showcase >> Category Management

Make sure you check "Allow Items to be created" or users won't be able to create in those specific categories.

One more question.
I notice when I try to choose a subcategory, that if I don't post something in the first tab, that I get an error message (see Screenshot.)
I wanted a tab for unfinished works, then sub categories of unfinished chapters, poetry or short stories.
Alas, if I don't fill in the first sub tab I get an error.

Thanks
Steve

Attachments

• error pic.png
    error pic.png
    610.6 KB · Views: 3
I don't suppose there is a way to allow Microsoft word attachments into the showcase uploader is there?
Never mind - I will just have them upload to a forum as an attachment and allow them to paste links in the showcase.

Once again, my thanks for this excellent add-on!

Lord Cupre
fantasywritersguild.com

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob
Back