• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Bulk Insert categories?

xanin

Showcase
Is there a way to bulk insert categories? Can I do this via the DB directly if not in the admin interface?
Basically I've got a few hundred possible categories, its a fairly shallow tree, but I really don't want to type them all (currently have them all in a spreadsheet produced by someone else).

Its gonna be a pain to view the items having to traverse through different categories man. Think about consolidating the categories if possible. If its gonna be a pain to type that id hate to think how you would be creating those items.

Utilise tags and prefixes if possible.

If you know what you are doing, yes, you can insert category data directly into the category table, however, you need to make sure all the required fields get the appropriate data (you can look at the Category DataWriter for that information). You'll also have to run the Category Rebuilds after so that the Nested Set values are properly set.

If you know what you are doing, yes, you can insert category data directly into the category table, however, you need to make sure all the required fields get the appropriate data (you can look at the Category DataWriter for that information). You'll also have to run the Category Rebuilds after so that the Nested Set values are properly set.

Splendid, thanks.

Back