• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

As Designed Bug or intended: Editing links

frm

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
EMS Early Adopter
LD Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
LD Version
XenForo Version
PHP Version
Database & Version
MariaDB
Are there any errors being throw?
No
I'm unsure if this is intended or a bug, and if it's applicable to other add ons, or if it's as designed.

However, if X owns a link and Y has editing privileges, it seems like when "posting an update" that the forum post should automatically be made by Y and not the owner X.

X is the owner, but they were not the person that made the edit.

It is as designed (I use XFRM as a standard for this specific feature).

You are more than welcome to make a suggestion, but I doubt that I will be making any changes to this any time soon (just as a heads up in case you want to pursue customization)

Reactions: frm
It is as designed (I use XFRM as a standard for this specific feature).

You are more than welcome to make a suggestion, but I doubt that I will be making any changes to this any time soon (just as a heads up in case you want to pursue customization)
Roger. I may take the suggestion over there.

If you edit a thread as a moderator, it will show edited by a moderator. The differences don't make logical sense. (I know you can do a silent edit, too).

For now, I just do a name change update, which seems to work for me just fine as it's a rarity to have to use.

Thanks for the explanation!

FWIW if the community wants to see XF following what's most logical:

Last edited:
Back