• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Resolved Accessed unknown getter 'update_count'

egerci

AMS
Showcase
Hi,
After updating to the latest version, I started getting the following error.

• InvalidArgumentException: Accessed unknown getter 'update_count' on XenAddons\Showcase:Item[62]
  • src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php:206
#0 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(118): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('update_count')
#1 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s1/public/xa_sc_item_list_macros.php(1102): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->offsetGet('update_count')
#2 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(824): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\StandardLib\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#3 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l2/s1/public/xa_sc_index.php(195): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('xa_sc_item_list...', 'list_view_layou...', Array, Array)
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1651): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\StandardLib\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#5 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('xa_sc_index', Array)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(50): XF\Template\Template->render()
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(460): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XenAddons\\Showc...', 'public:xa_sc_in...', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(442): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#11 src/XF/App.php(2351): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#12 src/XF.php(517): XF\App->run()
#13 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#14 {main}

array(4) {
["url"] => string(15) "/urun-inceleme/"
["referrer"] => bool(false)
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/urun-inceleme/"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

'update_count' is a new field in the xf_xa_sc_item table.

Can you please check to make sure that field was added to the xf_xa_sc_item table in your database? It should be after the field 'watch_count' .

If that field was not added, that certainly would throw a getter error (and it would also indicate that all the other database additions also might not have been properly performed.

Note: if you'd rather me check your Showcase Schema and fix any issues with it, just contact me privately.

Hello Bob,
I have just checked xf_xa_sc_item table and there is a 'update_count' field. But all values are `0`
That's good that it is there. default COUNT is 0 (meaning there are zero updates that have been posted) (UPDATES is a new system to Showcase that was implemented in the last version). That field stores the count of visible updates that have been posted (I am talking the content type sc_update, which is a piece of content, not the "Post as update" which is for sending out alerts).

If the server is using an older CACHED FILE (the Item Entity php file), that field would not be in that file as its a new field (in the structure columns), which would also throw a GETTER error (as its not a Getter, its an actual field in the table).

You could try and upload the files again, but should probably clear server cache before doing so, to make sure that the new files get properly uploaded and cached.

That error is something that is throw when Entity does not recognize something as an actual field and then checks to see if there is a GETTER (which is for things that don't have an actual field and are tied to a getter function).

Another thing that MIGHT be an issue would be Style Properties (as that same line of code includes a style property 'update_count', so maybe check your Showcase Style Properties (for all styles) and SAVE them again (to make certain that the 'update_count' style property is set (hasn't been an issue with anyone else, but I've seen stranger thing over the past decade lol )

Back