• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

A Playoff Bracket

dominic

Pick'em
I decided to post this here as it's very similar to Pick'em. Bob, I am sure you have seen or taken part in a Playoff bracket. It is where you make predictions before about all the series and who will eventually win. The points would work something like this:
  • 1 point - Correct team wins
  • 1 point - Correct series score

This is really popular and I think would be a good addition to Pick'em down the road or another addon. Here's an example the NHL did this playoffs. The admin would set up the bracket and then everyone would lock in their answers prior to the start.

nhl-bracket (1).jpg

I've been hounding @Bob for a tourney addon for awhile and hopefully this becomes a reality once he has some time in the fall/winter to develop!

I might be interested in something like that. Probably a little more fun then doing playoffs with Pickem (altho, we do different points per round in pickem and that makes it challenging). It would need to be like Pickem as far as Management goes and limited to team SPORTS (to set one on one matches between teams). Only challenging part that I can see is responsive layout. How the hell does a huge bracket look like on a smartphone and tablet?

I've done some previous research on that and the best way is to use tabs (or something similar) for each 'round' and have the matches stacked in the viewport.

Does that make sense?

I'd need to SEE it in action (or at least some screen shots). Not sure if I can still access Yahoo Sports NCAA bracket to see what their mobile version looks like. If ANYTHING holds this up, it will be LAYOUT type stuff as I am NOT a designer.

While it is a mobile APP, the following has the idea of a 'tab-like' system view (towards the bottom of the page):

Designing a tournament bracket with a mobile-first approach

The other option I have seen uses iframes with a horizontal scrollbar that kicks in when needed (if you are familiar with datatables.net, this is how they make tables 'responsive')

Problem is, that is an APP and not responsive view. It would take me years to figure something like that out (just being dead honest).

Any inspiration taken from this example?
Not really. I've not even thought about this as its not even on my radar right now. Even if I decided to do something like this, it won't be for awhile as I have dozens of projects that I've already committed to.

Holy necro bump lol Isn't there an XF2 addon that does this? Could swear I saw something the other day at XF.com. I doubt that I will ever have time to consider this one (can't even find time to work on PowerRankings and SuperBowlSquares, both which are a vital part of my own sites).

Holy necro bump lol Isn't there an XF2 addon that does this? Could swear I saw something the other day at XF.com. I doubt that I will ever have time to consider this one (can't even find time to work on PowerRankings and SuperBowlSquares, both which are a vital part of my own sites).
You're seriously asking me to consider a different developer for xF Sport Addons?

Queue the Nancy Reagan this is your brain on drugs commercial :)

Reactions: Bob
You're seriously asking me to consider a different developer for xF Sport Addons?

Queue the Nancy Reagan this is your brain on drugs commercial :)
lol... well, I am a Raider Fan, so that makes sense lol

Back