• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not Planned [XF1] Update summary in replies and new item creation

Ludachris

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
Hey Bob, this is something I've thought about many times but never got around to suggesting - when a user creates a showcase item a new thread is created. All that gets posted is a link to the showcase item. Same thing when they edit/update their item.

I think it would be really cool to have the option to post all the field data into the initial thread post when the item gets created. This way the initial post has a bunch of content in it, or maybe even just a snippet. And when an update is posted as a reply (an item edited), the fields that were updated get displayed in the reply. It's nearly impossible to see what it was the user updated in their item when they edit their item. It would awesome to be able to have the fields they updated (or mention that new file uploads were posted, etc), letting everyone know exactly what they updated on the item.

Even if this is just an option for the admin to enable or disable since not everyone will want it, I think it would be a really nice feature, probably for a newer version of SC course.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It would awesome to be able to have the fields they updated (or mention that new file uploads were posted, etc), letting everyone know exactly what they updated on the item.

That is what the Post Update Message is for. Yes, I am aware that is a manual process and you want/expect something automated, but still, there IS something available right now that can be used to do that.

Selection_081.png

Yeah, I see those updates from time to time in threads but it seems the users don't take the time to fill in a message about what they changed.

It's not that I want/expect something automated, it would just be nice to see it as an option down the road since many members won't spend the time to type out a summary of the update. I'm just not sure if enough of the other admins will see the value in it. Just a suggestion for whatever it's worth. Thanks for the reply.

Back