• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Slider Images

Davyc

AMS
Showcase
UBS Premium
Hey Bob

Is there any way to make the category and forum slider images fit the same size as the other entries that fall below the slider and to make the number of images fit the width of the page container?

For example this is how the items are displayed and it would be good to have the slider show the images the same size.

upload_2016-6-2_19-17-41.png

This is what it currently looks like:

upload_2016-6-2_19-21-8.png

I suppose basically what I'm trying to achieve is to have five movies as the featured set and fit the width of page container rather than being able to slide through X number of entries.

Is this possible with some template editing or CSS changes?

With thanks as always for your help and advice.

The Slider Containers are set at static 250px width (as they have to be a static width). Its not something that can be Dynamic like the Grid View Containers are (they change size depending on Browser Width). The Slider Container is not the same as the Grid View Container (even tho they have some of the same features).

It IS possible to modify the Slider Containers to be a smaller width, however, it would be A LOT of work and its not something that I can just whip out a howto for (I suck at teaching and it would take me days to come up with a decent howto and it would still probably suck because I am not good at explaining). It involves editing several template that include the slider as there is JS params involved for each location the slider is used, plus container template, slider template and CSS templates.

You're like me when it comes to explaining; I know what's ticking upstairs but getting it downstairs is not as easy as falling down the stairs lol.

I'll just give that one a miss for now ;)

Thanks for the quick reply - you're on the ball as always!

Davy C, this isn't for you, but I wanted to add it to this anyway (for others to see)

Here is a Prime Example (for those of you reading in that don't understand responsive grid containers). This is a page that has the SLIDER enabled (container Blocks are static width: 250px). Im using GRID View and have my responsive layout set to 3-2-2-1 (meaning that there are 3 Grid Containers per row in the Default responsive breaking point, 2 in Wide (tablet wide), 2 in Medium (Tablet tall) and 1 in Narrow (smart phone). Im on a Ultra Wide display, so you can see that the 3 grid containers are very large, this is because they take up 33% of the width of the browser.

Selection_255.png

As I shrink my browser, you can see that the Slider containers stay the same size (as they are static width), however, the Grid Containers get smaller (as they are taking up 33% of the width each)

Selection_256.png

As I continue to shrink the browser, the Grid Containers get smaller and smaller each screen snot.

Selection_257.png

here were are where they are almost the same size.
Selection_258.png

however, if I just nudge the browser a bit more, it hits a responsive break point and now there are only 2 grid containers per row and they are larger again (cause now they each take up 50% of the available width.

Selection_259.png

You're like me when it comes to explaining; I know what's ticking upstairs but getting it downstairs is not as easy as falling down the stairs lol.

I'll just give that one a miss for now ;)

Thanks for the quick reply - you're on the ball as always!
If I recall, there IS a way to modify the GRID layout to set those blocks as static width in which case you could make them 250 wide to match the slider. This WAS several years ago when Chris D first released his Gallery addon. I'll have to do some digging to see if I can find the howto he posted.

Back