• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not Planned [XF1] Multiple discussion tabs

NeoCHI

Showcase
I'd be very interested in expanding the discussion tab feature by allowing it to have multiple per showcase item. Thing is showcase items can easily have different subjects to discuss about so it would be nice to be able to have that separated into different threads.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm actually really desperate for this feature. Would this even be possible since essentially it would have to make the tabs sorta like links then since I don't see how you can get multiple threads showing up on the same page.

btw, I'm willing to pay to get this out asap.

Nvm looks like discussion tab is currently implemented as a link (which is fine). That means it shouldn't be too hard to implement.

I was hoping to add another feature to this though which is the ability to automatically name the threads created. So like if I create a showcase for "Street Fighter" and this item's category has two discussion threads, I should be able to set somewhere how to name the automatically created threads (prefix or suffix). So maybe I can set suffix = Q&A for one of the discussions and "Tips and Tricks" for the other and the two automatically created threads will then be called "Street Fighter Q&A" and "Street Fighter Tips and Tricks".

I can tell you right now that it won't be in the next version as the next version is purely a maintenance release. I've not even done any R&D on this. I marked it as considered which means I WILL do some R&D on it, however, that doesn't mean that it will actually be implemented. If I find it not feasible to implement, I will marked it as not considered. If I find it feasible, I will mark it as "Under Development" as soon as I decide that it will be implemented within a specific version of the addon.

I've marked this as Not Considered as its not something that I am interested in adding to core at the moment. I MAY re visit down the road, but for now it is tabled.

:cry: why?

I think this would be a great value add...currently theres no good way to combine multiple threads with different topics on a single subject.

There are several factors that led to my decision, one of which is extensive modification to the existing architecture would be required. I won't get into the rest, however, they will play a key part in future decisions on this specific functionality request.

Back