• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Answered Method canViewAmsArticles is not callable on the given object

thelaw

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
IMS Premium
LD Premium
SC Premium
Saw this in the error log and figured I'd mention it even though this may not be an AMS error. It might be when I'm pulling up articles on the site. I'll have to look into this further. I don't have any issues with the addon with functionality at all and it works and looks terrific.
  • ErrorException: Template error: [E_USER_WARNING] Method canViewAmsArticles is not callable on the given object (XF\Entity\User)
  • src/XF/Template/Templater.php:1190

• ErrorException: Template error: [E_USER_WARNING] Method canViewMedia is not callable on the given object (XF\Entity\User)
  • src/XF/Template/Templater.php:1190

Stack trace​

Code:
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, '[E_USER_WARNING...', '/home/mysitedir/p...', 1190, Array)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1190): trigger_error('Method canViewA...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/navigation_cache.php(447): XF\Template\Templater->method(Object(XF\Entity\User), 'canViewAmsArtic...', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(7702): XF\Pub\App->{closure}(Object(XF\Template\Templater), 'members', Array)
#4 src/XF/Pub/App.php(578): XF\Template\Templater->renderNavigationClosure(Object(Closure), 'members', Array)
#5 src/XF/Pub/App.php(529): XF\Pub\App->getNavigation(Array, 'members')
#6 src/XF/App.php(2285): XF\Pub\App->renderPageHtml('

...', Array, Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#7 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(404): XF\App->renderPage('   

...', Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html))
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#9 src/XF/App.php(2487): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#10 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#11 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#12 {main}

Request state​

Code:
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(50) "/members/john.doe.10/?mdrv=www.mysite.com"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["mdrv"] => string(14) "www.mysite.com"
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

Both of those are due to race conditions during upgrade process and can safely be deleted from the logs (the 2nd one is XFMG).

XFRM and XFMG both have this same issue during upgrade as there are permissions calls in XF Navigation elements. This issue has been resolved in XF 2.3 btw, so those should stop happening.

There is also a similar one that is related to LESS templates (happens on install and uninstall). Those can be ignored and are safe to delete as well.

This issue has been resolved in XF 2.3 btw, so those should stop happening.
For now, if you run into any more of those at are tied to XF Navigation Elements, you can check to see if the function is callable first, then have it called (in simple terms lol).

Example, I've added this to the upcoming version of AMS, however, any existings installs will have to apply this manually.

Selection_265.png

Superb. Added and thanks. Will let you know if it returns. Just an unaffecting nuisance in the error log...

Back