• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

A guide for adding widgets in Widget Framework

A guide for adding widgets in Widget Framework would be great. I can't seem to find anything about it anywhere. :confused:

You don't add them to the framework itself, I do this automatically so that all you have to do is add widgets to locations the same way as all the other widgets :)

If you have both Showcase and the [bd] Widget Framework installed, the showcase renderers are then automatically integrated. You do not need to do anything more except use the Widget Framework itself to manage widgets.

You don't add them to the framework itself, I do this automatically so that all you have to do is add widgets to locations the same way as all the other widgets :)

If you have both Showcase and the [bd] Widget Framework installed, the showcase renderers are then automatically integrated. You do not need to do anything more except use the Widget Framework itself to manage widgets.
I noticed that now. ;)

Is there a way to add some other widgets to the framework? For example, I'd like to have a widget with all of my categories displayed on every page inside showcase, not just at the index. I tried just copying that piece from the sidebar in the index template to the item template but it no longer populates for some reason.

It would also be awesome to have a sidebar search widget that would only search inside Showcase.

You have to program each new widget and there is a lot involved with it.

You can't just take a template from somewhere and expect it to work someplace else. Templates are "Dead" the don't actually "Process" anything. They need to be rendered with exposed data specifically designed for them.

That makes sense.

Would it be possible to add some of the other Showcase widgets to the framework in a future version? It would be awesome to be able to put some of the index widgets on other pages. A sidebar search widget would also be sweet.

Anyone can write widgets and add them. I plan on doing more, but right now, they are really low priority as I have other functionality to complete before making more widgets.

Back