• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Resolved What happens if you have more than 10 items in a single series?

KensonPlays

AMS Premium
LD Premium
UBS Premium
I searched 3 or 4 various random terms, could not find an answer to this.

What happens if I have more than 10 items in a series, does the Table of Contents paginate, or does the ToC just keep getting longer and longer, if I had say, 30+ announcements in a series?

I use series for the Announcements category so they can more easily navigate between announcements quickly back and forth.

There is NO LIMIT to the amount of Articles that can be associated with a Series.

There is no pagination of the Series Table of Contents. If there are 100 articles in a series, all 100 will be listed on the Series Toc and the Series Dropdown.
MOST people will use the NEXT navigation to move to the next article in the series.

You can always remove the Series TOC from the Article Sidebar if it bothers your members. You still have the Series Dropdown and the Previous | Next navigation below the Article.

There is NO LIMIT to the amount of Articles that can be associated with a Series.

There is no pagination of the Series Table of Contents. If there are 100 articles in a series, all 100 will be listed on the Series Toc and the Series Dropdown.
MOST people will use the NEXT navigation to move to the next article in the series.

You can always remove the Series TOC from the Article Sidebar if it bothers your members. You still have the Series Dropdown and the Previous | Next navigation below the Article.
Hm, I may want to not use series for community announcements, then. Since eventually it may have 100 or more. Unless there's a way, somehow, to hide the TOC just for one category? I wouldn't think it is possible, though.

Hm, I may want to not use series for community announcements, then. Since eventually it may have 100 or more. Unless there's a way, somehow, to hide the TOC just for one category? I wouldn't think it is possible, though.
The same way you'd do that for anything else... edit the template that the TOC is in and wrap it with a conditional checking if the article is in Category X. No different than you'd do with a Thread checking to see if the thread was in Forum X.

I am extremely busy working on getting XF 2.3 Ready addons, so I don't have time to post a cut and paste solution for you at this exact moment (otherwise I would). But YES, its doable and easy.

edit the template that the TOC is in
Unfortunately, I don't know how to do it safely without breaking things. I'm no coder. I could ask a friend who has 20 yrs of experience, but he's in college right now and doesn't have the time currently either.

I am extremely busy working on getting XF 2.3 Ready addons, so I don't have time to post a cut and paste solution for you at this exact moment (otherwise I would). But YES, its doable and easy.
No rush. Focus on that first. That's the priority.

As many difference styles as I remember you having, you may want do the template edit as using the template modification setup. I've found it's much easier to do it once and then have it automatically applied to all the styles that it works for.

As many difference styles as I remember you having, you may want do the template edit as using the template modification setup. I've found it's much easier to do it once and then have it automatically applied to all the styles that it works for.
Wouldn't doing it to the extra file once work if the others are all sub styles inheriting from main?

Wouldn't doing it to the extra file once work if the others are all sub styles inheriting from main?
If you have it laid out with a master style and then each style a child under it, it should. But by using TMS edit if you ever do purchase a paid style or use a free one it will propagate out to them also.

Last edited:
Back