• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

User Reviews: full page (no overlay), Rich Text Editor for review "summary" and review fields

kontrabass

AMS Premium
CAS Premium
RMS Premium
SC Premium
Our users like to leave very detailed reviews - which is great! I think giving them more than a couple lines in the overlay would be good (even though it does expand...), and giving them the full text editor (for text formatting, bullet points etc) would be excellent.

I changed the phrase "Summary" on our installation to "Full Review", as I feel this better reflects the purpose of the field. It's not just a summary ;)

Upvote 2
I actually have this as a TODO item as the Overlay was nice for when it was just a simple text input for a short summary. With the addition of Review Fields, Pros, Cons, Summary etc, it would be much better as its own page (and will be able to use the EDITORS properly as well.

I actually have this as a TODO item as the Overlay was nice for when it was just a simple text input for a short summary. With the addition of Review Fields, Pros, Cons, Summary etc, it would be much better as its own page (and will be able to use the EDITORS properly as well.

Very cool. Yeah the overlay is a bit constricting for us :)

Very cool. Yeah the overlay is a bit constricting for us :)
I've made it so that when the category is set to RATING ONLY, it uses the overlay and when its set to Rate & Review, it renders the review form as a full page. I also changed the Review EDIT from an overlay to full page.

Last edited:
This has been fully implemented.

Changes to the User Reviews are as follows:

When the Rating System Type is set to "Rate & Review" for a specific category, when clicking on the Stars to "Rate & Review", there is no longer an OVERLAY that pops up. You are taken to a FULL PAGE which can better handle complex reviews with several fields.

You can now change the overall rating before submitting the initial review.

Review Fields that are "Rich Text" now use the Full Rich Text Editor instead of textarea inputs.

The "Summary" has been converted from a text area to using the Full Rich Text Editor.

When EDITING a review, you are taken to a FULL PAGE instead of an overlay (for the same reason as stated above which is to properly handle complex reviews).

There are no changes for when the Rating System Type is set to "Rate Only". This applies to REVIEWS only.​

Selection_227.png

Last edited:
btw, it is now possible to create REVIEW buttons as you can go directly to the Rate & Review form without the dependency of clicking on the JS stars. You still need to wrap the button in the required conditionals however..

example...

HTML:
<xen:if is="{{$category.rate_review_system} == 2 && {$item.canRateItem}">
    <a class="callToAction" href="{xen:link showcase/rate-review, $item}"><span>
        Review Item
        <small class="minorText">small text</small>
    </span></a>         
</xen:if>

Back