• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Resolved Renaming Showcase to something else...

Postal

Showcase
Hello, I wanna start with saying that this addon is absolutely badass. It's pretty much doing everything I could've asked for in a "garage" add-on. One thing I can't seem to find, which a search on XenForo has turned up an outdated solution, is how I can rename my Showcase to Garage or something similar? Both in the NavTab up top and also when on the main page of the Showcase...?

I am trying to rename everything currently and when I went to phrases and searched for "showcase" I get 6806 results. Please tell me I don't have to go through that many files to change the name. Is this thread up to date for version 1.3.1? I want to make sure I do it right, but I am also hoping I don't have to clear a weekend to complete this task. TIA!
Hi, if you don´t know this addon --> http://xenforo.com/community/resources/developer-kit.246/

developer.jpg

Reactions: Bob
@Bob B I may be missing something, but I have gone through all the instructions thus far and the side view still says Showcase Items whereas I would like to say Garage.....I am sure I am missing something simple, but could you let me know what I'm doing wrong?
snip.PNG

nflj_showcase_fh_tabbed_items <-- try that one, Im pretty sure that's it (It used to be named Showcase Tabbed Items, but I removed "Tabbed" (hence why the phrase is still that way). fh = forum home wf=widget framework xp=xenporta (just a few abbr that kinda give a hint on locations outside of core showcase.

OK, one more question and then I think I'm done...sorry in advance if this one seems ultra novice.

But is there a way to hide (ideally) so it doesn't have it's own separate thread accessible from the board (I'd like it only accessible from the tab or side bar) or a way move the "Garage" section so it's further down on the list.

I checked the node tree and didn't see where I could move or edit the location.

Currently it is at the top as can been seen in the photo.

Thanks again and sorry if this is a stupid questionCapture.JPG

You can move that to the bottom or turn it off completely via the showcase options in the admin cp.

Admin CP >> Options >> Showcase >> click on Forum Home tab

Forum Home Node List Options
  • Enable Node List Module
      • Display above Forum Node List
      • Display below Forum Node List
Displays the simulated Showcase Node above or below the forums node list.

OK not to thread jack because I am going a little off topic from this thread...

But first - Is there a way to reset the rating counters? I was playing with it when setting up and accidentally gave a really low rating.

Also, I am a super admin and I checked all my settings, but I don't seem to be able to figure out how to edit someones garage/showcase entry if I need to.

Please advise and thank you again!

There is no way to edit a rating. You can manually remove it from the Database, but it requires editing in more than one spot. If you give me DB access I can do it for ya, just shoot me an inbox about it.

You need to have the showcase moderator permission 'Edit Any Item' set to allow. Make sure you are not in a group that has that permission revoked.

Sorry, still didn't understand what should I do to change the phrase "Showcase" into another. Haven't found it in phrases.

As mentioned in this post (http://xenaddons.com/threads/renaming-showcase-to-something-else.615/#post-3983), there are close to 500 Showcase Phrases (close to 200 of them have the term Showcase in them).

Search Phrases is a core xenforo functionality.

If you do a SEARCH with the term 'showcase' in the TITLE of the phrase and the term "Showcase" in the Text Contains, you will get 187 results. A lot of those are Admin Phrases used in options. There are appx 90 phrases that contain the term Showcase in them that appear on the frontend. The are all prefixed nflj_showcase are the ones you will want to edit. Doesn't take long to run through them and you only need to do it once.

Selection_914.png

Selection_915.png

@Bob Thank you. Yes, I know. But I couldn't find the phrase that is respond for its nav tab title. Maybe I should change something else?

Back