• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

CTA Featured Threads & Portal integration

C.Birch

AMS Premium
SC Premium
UBS Premium
Hi @Bob B
Could support be added to display the Showcase blocks on Brogan's add-on "CTA Featured Threads & Portal".
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/cta-featured-threads-portal-paid.64261/

Due to the lack of updates/news on the state of xenporta a lot of people have started to move to Brogans add-on now it's at a stage where it can be used has a portal front page.

I'm personally in the process of doing this move also.

Upvote 0
Can you be more specific? I have specific content (blocks) made for Forum Home. I have XenPorta Blocks (which will only work with XenPorta) and I have [bd] Widget Framework Renderers that are used to make widgets within that addon (those only work with xfrocks addon).

What EXACTLY are you wanting (as its going to have to be MADE).

Showcase now has Featured Threads integration built in (New Featured Threads Options Tab in the showcase options within the admin CP).

Options are for controlling the Content Blocks listed below:
  • You can add a Showcase Items Slider above or below the Featured Threads Slider or Below the Featured Threads List
    • # of items, Sort Type, Categories to pull from, elements to display, location, Module Title
  • You can add Showcase Items (article View or Grid View) above or below featured threads content
    • # of items, Sort Type, Categories to pull from, elements to display
  • You can add Tabbed Items block to the featured threads sidebar
    • same options type settings as the block for Forum Home
  • You can add Most Recent User Reviews to the featured threads sidebar
    • same options type settings as the block for Forum Home
kudo's to Brogan for making this a very painless integration! Please be sure to thank Paul when you have time!

NOTE: will post some screen shots once I get things cleaned up and presentable!

Last edited:
quick sneak peek... NOTE: This is just an example, its not limited to just this example. The slider can be located in 3 different locations (Above, Middle and Below) and has its own configuration settings. The Sidebar Blocks have their own configuration settings. You can change the order of the sidebar blocks by changing the execution order on the Template Modification for the specific Block. There is also another (surprise) content block (check back for another sneak peek later this week).

Selection_511.png

couple more sneak peeks of the CTA Featured Threads PORTAL integration (this only works when using featured threads as a PORTAL/HOME page).

In this screen shot, you will see (from top to bottom) Featured Threads Slider, Showcase Items Slider, 2 featured Threads and Showcase Items (in Grid View).

Selection_550.png

In this screen shot, I made one option change and now the Showcase Items are in List View.

Selection_551.png

In this screen shot, I made one option change and now the Showcase Items are in Article View.

Selection_552.png

the showcase widge

BOTH of the Content Blocks (they are NOT widgets) have 3 locations that you can set (Display above Featured Threads Slider, Display above Featured Threads List and Display below Featured Threads list). Those location are built into CTA FT for addons to hook into.

BOTH of the Content Blocks (they are NOT widgets) have 3 locations that you can set (Display above Featured Threads Slider, Display above Featured Threads List and Display below Featured Threads list). Those location are built into CTA FT for addons to hook into.
Sorry for not making myself clear. What I meant was the widget at the sidebar. ;)

the widget at the sidebar.
Showcase has TWO sidebar blocks for the built in CTA FT Portal integration (Tabbed Items and Recent User Reviews). Both use the sidebar location that CTA FT has for addons to hook into (<xen:hook name="cta_featuredthreads_featured_custom_sidebar" />). Both blocks display ABOVE that hook location, meaning that any content added into that template itself will be displayed below them). If OTHER addons are using that hook, it comes down to TM Execution order (which Tabbed Items = 10 and Recent User Reviews = 11). If you want those blocks to display BELOW the hook, you'd need to modify the TM Replace.

I guess so too. :D By the way, how can I show the sidebar blocks for guess only?
You'd have to edit the TM (Template Modification) and wrap the replace with a conditional to only do the replace IF the viewing user is a guest.

Back