1. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Register with your xenforo.com Username then start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Users learned how to game the system.

Discussion in 'Stock Trader Support' started by Edrondol, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Edrondol

Edrondol New Member

And by game the system I mean it's fricking broken. But not by anything you did.

Here's what happened:

So in essence what he did - and taught everyone else to do - is to check that link, find the reverse splits, and bet the house. Once it jumps, they sell off and make millions.

Is there a way to prevent this? One user posted a link to this, but I don't know what it means.

2. Edrondol

Edrondol New Member

A better explanation from the guy who gave me that link:

3. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

There is a reason the min stock price setting is available. MOST (if not all) of this stuff occurs with stocks less than $1 (which is the definition of a penny stock). I've been pretty vocal on blocking penny stocks and warning people of potential problems when allowing penny stocks to be purchased. I actually used to block penny stocks in the Core, but was asked nicely to let the system allow them in (even when I told them that they would be opening themselves up to tons of problems, to include cheats like this). That was a mistake on my part and it looks like I will need to block penny stocks again in the core starting with the next version. They will be blocked until such time as they can be properly dealt with (which is not going to be any time soon with everything else that needs to be done for this addon).

My advice right now is to set a min stock price of at least $1. I personally set mine at $2 and have had absolutely NO problems what so ever.

SneakyDave likes this.
  4. Edrondol

Edrondol New Member

Will do!

5. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

I know it sucks, but its the best we can do right now until code is in place to properly deal with penny stocks. Peeps will still be able to manage any penny stocks they've already purchased, so keep that in mind. The min price will only effect any NEW purchases.

6. Edrondol

Edrondol New Member

Hey, if it works I don't care! I had to go into the database and figure out who a couple people were, then I blew away their 10,000,000 shares of stock and reset everyone.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.