1. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Register with your xenforo.com Username then start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

User custom fields when viewing items

Discussion in 'Showcase Support' started by hlchia, Apr 13, 2013.

1. hlchia

hlchia New Member Showcase

In Resource Manager, when viewing a specific resource, I am able to access user custom fields in the resource_view template using following:

$resource.customFields.googleplus

I presume the equivalent template in showcase is nflj_showcase_item

How would I able to access user custom fields in Showcase?

Reason is that I want to use google authorship for showcase items created, in order to improve SEO

2. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

The Resource Manager does not have its own Custom Fields nor does it deal with Custom User fields. You must either be using Waynes Custom user fields addon that extends the core XF Custom User Fields functionality into the RM or another addon that I am not aware of.

You'd have to extend showcase in a similar manner in which (what ever you are using above) extends the RM.

3. hlchia

I am using User Custom Fields, which is in the core of XF. I have not installed Waynes Custom user fields addon.

4. hlchia

5. hlchia

Following code works for me in the resource_view template, i.e. the user custom fields of googleplus and googleauthor are retrieved and displayed:

<xen:if is="{$resource.customFields.googleplus}">
    <xen:if is="{$resource.customFields.googleauthor}">
    <dd><a href="{$resource.customFields.googleplus}" rel="author" target="_blank">{$resource.customFields.googleauthor}</a></dd>
    </xen:if>
    </xen:if>

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.