1. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Register with your xenforo.com Username then start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

As Designed User Criteria for has submitted or rated X reviews doesn't count anonymous reviews

Discussion in 'Showcase Resolved Bug Reports' started by cdub, Jan 4, 2016.

1. cdub

cdub Member AMS Premium CAS Premium IMS Premium LD Premium RMS Premium SC Premium UBS Premium

I have a notice that will go up if a member hasn't reviewed or rated an item yet. The notice will not go away even though my test user has submitted an anonymous review.

It goes away if the user submits a non-anonymous review.

Screenshot 2016-01-04 at 3.23.59 PM.png

Am I seeing the above because of an addon I have for User Criteria? Or does that show up with the regular showcase install?

2. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

This is actually AS DESIGNED. The awarding of Trophies uses these criteria and it was reported as a BUG that Trophies should not be awarded based on Anonymous reviews because it would be something that people could use to figure out the anonymous reviewer. A similar bug (reported by one of the Early Adopters) is that the Top Blocks were also counting anonymous reviews and listing users that only had anonymous reviews in the top blocks along with the number of reviews, which again was easy to figure out who the anonymous reviewers are.

I've made it (or at least attempt to) so that anonymous are completely anonymous and this includes being COUNTED as actual reviews for anything public facing (to include user criteria).

There is no way to have different fetching processes for Trophies and Notices or Promotions. They all use the same user criteria. This is something that Group A is going to be pissed off if I do it Group B's way and vice versa. Not sure what I can do because it can't be both ways.

3. cdub

cdub Member AMS Premium CAS Premium IMS Premium LD Premium RMS Premium SC Premium UBS Premium

Oh that makes sense. I think I pointed out the top blocks bug too. :)

So I guess I'm Group A and Group B. ;)

I've made the notice dismissible so hopefully that'll solve the problem for people who've submitted anonymous reviews.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Bob likes this.
  4. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

lol.. I think both you and Alfa1 caught it (which was a good catch by the way) :)

I'll keep this marked as a design issue until I can confirm it for 100% (I have some criteria testing to do anyway, so I'll fit this in what that).

cdub likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.