1. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Register with your xenforo.com Username then start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Fixed Top Portfolios GONE!

Discussion in 'Stock Trader Resolved Bug Reports' started by Edrondol, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Edrondol

Edrondol New Member

I have about 53 people with portfolios:

stock error 1.png
    and everything was going well. Today, though, the Top Portfolios only have 2 users:

stock error 2.png

When I try and rerun the cron by hand I get this error:

stock error 3.png

2. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

3. Bob

The only thing that will clear this up is to remove the bad stock.

4. Edrondol

Edrondol New Member

Remove that one and another is bad. I think the German stocks need a bit more testing.

5. Edrondol

Edrondol New Member

Found the next one and removed it...and now APPLE is showing as bad. Right now you can do your own stuff, but it's broke, man. :(

stock error 4.png

6. Bob

hmmmm I might have to look at your set up. Some of us have been running this for over a year and have had absolutely no problems and none in this one. Only times I've ever had issues with anything has been FEED related where the feed has gone done.

Could you hook me up with access to your environment this weekend?

7. Bob

just so others know... this IS a feed issue, but it could be caused by trying to grab a lot of data quickly. Might have to look into doing this a bit differently

8. Bob

ok, now that I have more info and have dug deeper, this issue is due to the 200 symbol query limitation within the API.

Will have to re-write the functionality. You can disable the CRON for now.

9. Bob

just an update, I just rewrote the CRON rebuild functionality to deal with the API limitation. Need to do some testing, but so far its working nicely and will take care of the limitation by splitting up calls in increments..

10. erich37

erich37 Member

this is a "mutual fund", not a stock....

11. Bob

Been updating just fine for me, so I am marking this fixed. The issue stemmed from a limitation of the API. I now group requests in bundles of 150, which is well below the max and should cover most setups with only 2 requests to the API now.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.