1. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Register with your xenforo.com Username then start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Fixed Thread prefix not being displayed in Thread Header when associated with Article

Discussion in 'AMS Resolved Bug Reports' started by Bob, Aug 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

Selection_484.png

Even tho this is not a BUG (its as I designed it to work), I am going to move this into the Bugs Forum and process it as a bug that has been "FIXED" as it WAS (and still IS for that matter) implemented exactly like the XFRM (which sets the XenForo Standard for how Associated Discussion thread functionality should be implemented).

One of the args (arg-titleHtml) used for passing in data to a macro (an AMS macro, not an core XF Macro), is currently commented out. Commenting out that particular arg (which then defaults to NULL), forces the macro to display the Article Title along with the Article Prefix (instead of the Title HTML that is being set and could be passed in, which would contain the Thread Title and Thread Prefix).

Anyway... I've modified the the 'xa_ams_thread_insert' template so that it again passes in data (if there is any) to the macro through the arg-titleHTML, so Associated Threads should now be displaying a Thread Prefix and Thread Title instead of forcing the display of an Article Prefix and Article Title (there are cases when the thread title and article title won't match).

Here is a screen shot of a Forum and there is a Thread with a Thread Prefix "test".

Selection_469.png

When viewing the thread, it will now display the Thread Prefix, even if it is associated with an Article.

Selection_470.png

When viewing the Article, you will see that the Article display the Article Prefix, but that its not displayed on the associated thread anymore.
    Selection_468.png

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.