1. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Register with your xenforo.com Username then start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not a Bug There are currently no Showcase Items to display.

Discussion in 'Showcase Resolved Bug Reports' started by Lyall Henderson, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Lyall Henderson

Lyall Henderson New Member Showcase

There are currently no Showcase Items to display.

The above message displays on the Showcase home page, yet there are multiple items within the various categories.

Do I need to check a setting somewhere? is this intentional?

2. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

Things to check...

Only Items that have at least 1 image uploaded to them will display in any of the modules on the showcase homepage.

If you have the options for any of the 3 modules set to 0, those module will not display.

Also, Moderated Items will not display (they only showup in the Queue and in the Admin CP.

3. Lyall Henderson

Hmm, I checked those things, but still nothing is showing.

Currently one of the items has images attached.
    None of the options are set to 0.
    No items are in the moderation queue.

Here's the link: http://www.playmaf.net/mafia/index.php?showcase/

4. Bob

I only see 6 Items and none of them have an image uploaded as the users avatar is displaying on the category listing page. If they had an image uploaded, the image would display in place of the Avatar. If you are using this as a library instead of image related, we might need to help you do a bit of customization for a different non visual landing page on the showcase home. The entire purpose is to display a LARGE IMAGE of the item itself which is why if there are no images uploaded, nothing will display.

5. Bob

Here is another thing that shows that no images are upload. Just look at the quick stats on the Showcase home page..

Quick Stats

Categories:2
    Items:6
    Views:72
    Comments:6

6. Lyall Henderson

7. Bob

I can't access that item. I am willing to bet its set to moderated.

never mine, you had me linked to /edit lol

8. Bob

ok, NOW I see it. Images that you embed into the Content of a TAB have absolutely nothing to do with Showcase.

Edit the item and you will notice that there is a button that says "Upload Images to Gallery". Click on that and upload at least 1 image to the Items Gallery. Then that item will display on the home page.

9. Lyall Henderson

10. Lyall Henderson

Oh I see, thank you.

Would it be possible to still have Items display in the Showcase landing page without images uploaded to them? For example, could they instead simply show the user's avatar?

Bob likes this.
  11. Bob

Not without both modification to some code (both in the controller and the model) as well as modification to some template code. Let me think about it tomorrow as I am right in the midst of pushing out RC1. Once I get RC1 out the door, I will look into this (as 8thos probably is interested as well).

For temp, just make a place holder image that your members can all upload temp.

I

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.