1. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Register with your xenforo.com Username then start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not Planned Stock Trader Future

Discussion in 'Stock Trader Closed Suggestions' started by JRW-910, Feb 16, 2015.

1. JRW-910

JRW-910 New Member

What is the future of the Stock Trader addon? Will there more features implemented or simply bug fixes?

I've been running it on an investing site that is in the process of being rejuvenated. It used to feature one of the only stock market trading simulations integrated into a forum many many years ago. A few old time members and I have been playing with this version over the last few weeks and came away with a pretty good experience.

I'd like to throw out a list of features that are missing and discuss ways of implementing them:

• Order Queue- Allow users to place a trade at any time. Orders that went in when the markets were closed (AH / PM) would sit into a queue until the market opened. A user should be able to cancel the order at any time if it hasn't yet been filled. Of course, this could be a problem for some trades... when there is a large gap up or down... which leads to a another necessary feature...
    • Limit Orders- Allow a buy order to be placed only if the stock price is lower then LIMIT ORDER. If this could be done, then Stop Loss quotes would also be nice.
    • Short Selling- Allowing short selling shouldn't be too difficult... the opposite of long positions. Implementing many of the real world rules of short selling would be more difficult.
    • Member List- Having a users over all portfolio % increase and / or $ increase would be nice. Could rang all users this way.
    • Order Delays- Correct me if I'm wrong here, I I believe that there is a 5-15min gap between real-time quotes and the sim quotes. Technically, this allows a trader to cheat the sim by giving them a chance to trade before the sim catches up. Maybe trades need to be held for X mins before being executed to discourage this.
    • Competitions- It would be really cool to have separate competitions ... top 10 traders of each month... biggest portfolio increase in a 6 month time frame... most profitable trade of the year... etc.
    • Layout- While the addon is very nice looking, the portfolio manager should look a little bit more like a real portfolio page...
    [​IMG]
    • Other quick ideas... loans (from the house or other members with interest)... Margin ...

Let me know your thoughts on some of these features.

Thanks,

-JRW

2. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

Bug fixes will always happen (while I am alive). Im always open to suggestions (that is what the suggestion forum is for).

I need a favor tho.... I need you to start a thread for each individual suggestion tho and a little bit more detail for each suggestion. I am a one man operation and to be efficient, I track individual requests (its also for others to be able to see a title that explain ONE bit of functionality).

They vary from 5 minutes, to 30 minutes (depending on the Exchange). Delay on SELLING would be a piece of cake. Delay on Purchasing is a completely different ball game (because of the stock price can go UP during the delay which then might prevent the sale from going through because lack of finances).

3. JRW-910

JRW-910 New Member

Ok, I'll take some time and post each suggestion individually along with my thoughts on how it could/should be implemented. I (and others I would imagine) would be willing to pay a bit more to see some of these happen!

Thanks,

-JRW

Bob likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.