1. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Register with your xenforo.com Username then start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not Planned show "shares sold" section

Discussion in 'Stock Trader Closed Suggestions' started by erich37, Jul 6, 2012.

1. erich37

erich37 Member

not sure if suggestions are welcome and into which forum here I should post my "Suggestions", so I am posting this here:

As stock-trading is about "Buying and Selling", I would suggest to also add a Button in the Sub-Nav-Bar which shows an overview of the shares which I SOLD.

It should be the same table as in "My Portfolio", but it should show which stock I sold, when and at which price. And whether I made a Profit or a Loss on this share sale.

Currently, the Stock-Trader is only showing the "BUY"-section. It does not show which shares I sold when and at what price.

Probably make 2 additional Navbar-buttons with some statistical overview:

Navbar Button 1)
    BUY-Section
    this would list all shares which I have bought. As in the current "My Portfolio"-view, it shows the same stock in 2 lines when I purchase it on different dates. This might be an option to consolidate the same stock into one line and show the value-gain which I made on a single stock, whether it was bought on the same date or on different days (e.g. see my AMZN stock in my portfolio).

Navbar Button 2)
    SELL-Section
    as described, show a summary of ALL stocks which I have sold and whether I sold on a gain or loss.
    And also show a column of todays price, so that I will see if I sold at the right time or not.....

Generally speaking, there should be an overview of which shares I sold. Which stock, when was it sold, what was the value-profit and percentage-profit on the sale, etc.
    Currently, I can not see at which date I sold a given stock and whether it was the right decision to sell or not.

2. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

suggestions are ALWAYS welcome ;) and I just created a suggestions forum for each addon.

erich37 likes this.
  3. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

Expanded Portfolio with Transaction History is something that I have been working on for a while now (which is why nothing is "deleted" in the Stock Table and why I have a stock sold log table). It will be private to each member. It's a ways out, but I might put something simple together that shows transaction history in the mean time.

ArnyVee and erich37 like this.
  4. erich37

erich37 Member

some additional idea:

It would be cool if it would say something like this:

- you are lucky that you have sold your stock on tuesday 28th of June 2012, because from your sale until today the stock decreased by 34%. You would have lost $154.36 if you would still own the stock.

- it seems you sold your stock to early, because it increased by 28% since you sold your stock on wednesday the 3rd of July 2012. You would have gained $326.54 if you would still own the stock.

5. erich37

erich37 Member

so I just sold all my stocks, but it does not show my "performance".

Meaning, it should show the amount of "start capital" and calculate my "performance" via the "cash on hand" or "net worth".

So something like saying:
    ..."user started investing at date xyz and sold all stocks. his performance is 23,8% during an investing-period of 4 months...."

Cash on Hand:
    $5,671.72
    Net Worth:
    $5,671.72

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.