• REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Your username here MUST MATCH your XenForo username (connected to your XF license).

Once you have registered here, then you need to start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not Planned [XF1] Set/create XenForo Media Gallery Album on new item

jOOc

Showcase
Nice integration you did with XFMG!
I would love to see an extension so it would be possible to connect a new a XFMG album when you create an Showcase item.
And maybe also even so that you can create and upload images to a new XFMG album directly.

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Yeah I think I hit on this before the support was added to showcase, that it would be good for it to be able to make a XenGallerry album on the making of the showcase item and link to it.

I am using XenGallery right now, but I'm open to switch and convert to something like XenForo Media Gallery if a feature like this were possible.

Ok, looks like I have to decide if I want to switch to XFMG now and convert away from XenGallery.

Enable XenForo Media Gallery Album Integration

When enabled, allows Showcase Item owners to associate a XenForo Media Gallery Album with their showcase item gallery

Does this create an album in the XFMG if there is not one, and if there is one then it allows the member to just tell the showcase system which album they want to use.

It does not make a album on making the showcase item, you make your showcase item and after you post it, you can then pick a album from the media albums.

So
1) Make Showcase
2) Make Album
3) Link Album to showcase
Screen Shot 2015-02-18 at 18.10.22.png

Note, you can only link albums to a listing that you are also the owner of.

Ok, it's does in fact work. However, it would be nice if this could be baked into the on-screen flow better. My goal in this was to allow members to tie images into their showcase without me having to tell them how to do something. I think members won't know how to do this.

No matter what type of forums you run, you really should have some type of FAQ area/thread that covers stuff like this, because your users will have a big range of skills when it coming to doing stuff online so it's always a good idea to have a FAQ to explain how to do things because some users might want to do something but they are in fact scared to try it because they don't want to make mistakes.

Just a friendly heads up... I seriously doubt I will ever add the ability to create XFMG Albums (and upload media to those Albums) through Showcase.

If you really NEED something like that, I'd recommend finding a highly qualified developer capable of writing a custom addon to handle it (not customization, but an addon) AND be willing to maintain it between 2 addons that are in constant development (that would be vital).

No matter what type of forums you run, you really should have some type of FAQ area/thread that covers stuff like this, because your users will have a big range of skills when it coming to doing stuff online so it's always a good idea to have a FAQ to explain how to do things because some users might want to do something but they are in fact scared to try it because they don't want to make mistakes.

Good advice, thanks. But still easier to just make it intuitive all the same.

Just a friendly heads up... I seriously doubt I will ever add the ability to create XFMG Albums (and upload media to those Albums) through Showcase.

If you really NEED something like that, I'd recommend finding a highly qualified developer capable of writing a custom addon to handle it (not customization, but an addon) AND be willing to maintain it between 2 addons that are in constant development (that would be vital).
I've been running this addon for 24 hours and and 4 hours with xfmg hooked up as I just converted. So not sure yet what I want or need. Looks good so far though.

Reactions: Bob
Using this for reviews as well and it ties into the XFMG very nicely.

http://www.toyotatruckclub.com/forum/garage/2015-toyota-sequoia-review.4/

That looks SHARPE! btw, you need to upload all the showcase images into your custom style (you only have them uploaded to the default style right now). All the controls are missing for the Gallery.

/styles/default/nflj/showcase (just copy the /nflj/showcase directory into your custom style path) ie /styles/custom_style/nflj/showcase/... etc etc etc

Ok, that would make some sense then. I'll have a look at doing this.

I've got a wishlist now that I've been running this for 24 hours or so. I'd like to see if there's a way to split out the garage vs. the reviews in the navigation and have the categories hidden from each other. That is, one database instance for all showcase items, but people looking at the official review would just see them and people just looking at garage profiles would just see those.

I'd like to see if there's a way to split out the garage vs. the reviews in the navigation and have the categories hidden from each other. That is, one database instance for all showcase items, but people looking at the official review would just see them and people just looking at garage profiles would just see those.
You might be able to somewhat pull that off using the Nodes as Tabs addon to create tabs that would point to a specific Showcase Category.

I am going to be looking into Multi Instance functionality when I do the XF 2.0 rewrite (which is really what you'd need).

Back