1. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Register with your xenforo.com Username then start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

As Designed Save as draft requires all required fields to be entered

Discussion in 'Showcase Resolved Bug Reports' started by MagnusB, Sep 24, 2013.

1. MagnusB

MagnusB Member Showcase

Not sure if this really is a bug, but to me this is not expected behaviour from a user perspective. If you have some required custom fields, or require image upload or whatever, if you try to save as draft it will not let you until you have uploaded image or field in those fields.

Expected behaviour would be that you just save the draft, as the idea of a draft is that it is not finished, and you might not have everything available yet.

2. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

This is as designed. If they don't have the actual data for a required field, they can easily add in temporary placeholder data in order to save as draft.

MagnusB likes this.
  3. MagnusB

MagnusB Member Showcase

Agree on the fields part, more concerned about the image requirement. I require one for each submission, and even though I nag about that on every visible inch before submitting, I am sure people will be surprised each time they are not able to submit because they are missing an image.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.