1. REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS:

Register with your xenforo.com Username then start a conversation at xenforo.com w/Bob and provide the following:
    1. Your XenForo License Validation Token
    2. The Domain Name associated with the License
    NOTE: Your account will be validated once ALL requirements are verified/met. Thank you for your patience.

Not a Bug Pick Distribution Sidebar

Discussion in 'Pickem Resolved Bug Reports' started by Bob_R, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Bob_R

Bob_R Member Pickem

Two screenshots.

One when logged in.

The other when not logged in.

No biggie just wanted to bring attention to it.

Attached Files:

2. Bob

Bob Developer Staff Member

IIRC, I already fixed the phrase. Is that what you are reporting or are you reporting that not logged in can't view anything? WHERE is that? (there are several pages that the block can appear in, I need to know which one).

3. Bob_R

Bob_R Member Pickem

That is when a non-registered members sees.

4. Bob

WHERE? There are several places and EACH ONE is different... eg, if using the BD widget, GUESTS can see, however, in most other places, only members of the POOL can see. WHERE = Pickem HOME, Forum Home, Pickem Pools page etc .

5. Bob_R

Bob_R Member Pickem

Forum home sidebar using BD widget.

6. Bob

Can you take a screen shot of the Widget settings and post it?

My guess is that you have it set to Automatically determine the viewing users default pool. That option is not available for guests. If you set the actual POOL ID, it should display the information to guests.

7. Bob_R

Bob_R Member Pickem

OK, here (2 screenshots). Not sure how to screenshot full page just full screen.

Attached Files:

8. Bob

ok, and you are SURE that the 2015 Preseason Pool ID = 5? Please shoot me an inbox with your admin user account so I can log in and VALIDATE that in fact you are using the correct POOL ID, cause if you are not, that would explain it.

9. Bob_R

Bob_R Member Pickem

I'm positive.

Attached Files:

10. Bob

Then I'll need a login so I can check all the settings to verify. I can't reproduce this on any of my sites. They all display to guests. The only way I can get it to NOT work is to enter the wrong ID.

11. Bob_R

Bob_R Member Pickem

Did you ever sign up at my site? The problem is I don't remember my admin password.

Footnote: The Leaderboard doesn't even show to guests. I have both the leaderboard and pick distribution to show to all.

12. Bob

Not that I can remember... can you bump our convo from the other night and give me the LINK to your site...

Pickem itself is not designed to show anything to guests, so Im probably going to re write this renderer anyway (to properly block guests and those that are not in the pool). If people NEED to see whats going on, they can join the pool and participate. Pickem is NOT something designed for Non Pool Participants to watch. Its PRIVATE for Pool participants only (comments are only accessible to those within the pool). Its no different than the concept of a private forum.

When I re write Pickem for XF 2.0 series, one of the things I have been asked to look into is PRIVATE vs PUBLIC pools. Public Pools will be viewable by guests and non pool participants. Private pools will be restricted to those that are participating in the Pool.

13. Bob_R

Bob_R Member Pickem

OK, check conversations as per your request.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.